Help with SMTP problem

Old August 23rd 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Help with SMTP problem

Can anyone help me out.

I have eventually got my HP laptop with Netgear PCMCIA wireless card
talking to the Orange Livebox, thanks to messages on this forum.
i.e. Change the channel and stop the Pairing thingy.

Now I have a problem trying to send Emails,

I use Euroda v.7
I can receive mail but cannot send them the error is

Error talking to SMTP server (check your SMTP server is set to smtp.w)

What the heck does smtp.w mean ?

Any other thoughts how I can over come / get this mail sending
working.

Thanks very much

Dizzy

--
Dizzy Net User
Old August 24th 06, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Now I have a problem trying to send Emails,

I use Euroda v.7
I can receive mail but cannot send them the error is

Error talking to SMTP server (check your SMTP server is set to smtp.w)

SMTP server should be set to smtp.orangehome.co.uk in Euroda. Is it?
--
Grumps