incompatible product

Old August 24th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default incompatible product

I was with Wanadoo for about 2 years until last month when I cancelled it.
however now my new ISP (and any other for that matter) says
"Unfortunately we cannot proceed with your order as there is an incompatible
product on the line. Please contact BT"
BT says it's nothing to do with them so has anyone any idea what it might
be???

Old August 24th 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Den" [email protected] wrote in message
I was with Wanadoo for about 2 years until last month when I cancelled it.
however now my new ISP (and any other for that matter) says
"Unfortunately we cannot proceed with your order as there is an
incompatible product on the line. Please contact BT"
BT says it's nothing to do with them so has anyone any idea what it might
be???

Ofcom knows...
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/int...ing/broadband/
George

Time to start badgering Wanadoo, methinks.

George

Old August 24th 06, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"George Weston" wrote in message

"Den" [email protected] wrote in message
I was with Wanadoo for about 2 years until last month when I cancelled it.
however now my new ISP (and any other for that matter) says
"Unfortunately we cannot proceed with your order as there is an
incompatible product on the line. Please contact BT"
BT says it's nothing to do with them so has anyone any idea what it might
be???

Ofcom knows...
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/int...ing/broadband/
George

Time to start badgering Wanadoo, methinks.

George

Also see:
http://tinyurl.com/k2oo5
It would appear that Ofcom are trying to get rid of this problem

Old August 24th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Den wrote:

I was with Wanadoo for about 2 years until last month when I cancelled it.
however now my new ISP (and any other for that matter) says
"Unfortunately we cannot proceed with your order as there is an incompatible
product on the line. Please contact BT"
BT says it's nothing to do with them so has anyone any idea what it might
be???

BT have their tongue firmly in their cheek I expect. It's technically correct
though. I guess it BT's way of getting their own back for being forced to
accomadate their competitors' kit in BT exchanges.

It would appear you've been LLU'd ! It's a mess. I going through the process of
getting back to BT myself.

BT can in fact do something about it now ( after a period of migrating LLU
customers being in a 'no-man's land ) but you'd have had to have requested an
LLU MAC from Wanadoo and you're probably a bit late for that if you're no longer
their customer.

Does your new ISP offer free activation btw ?

Graham