WAG54G-UK BT 1800HG cannot get to run in wireless mode

Old August 24th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default WAG54G-UK BT 1800HG cannot get to run in wireless mode

I have BT 1800HG conected to the telephone line "internet". As signal
is poor through 1 wall I purchased Liknsys WAG54G-UK ADSL gateway in
order to communicate wirelessly to the 1800HG hub. I cannot get this to
work and the linksys setup wizards dont work.
How do I get the WAG54G-UK router to communicate wirelessly with the
BT 1800HG which is conected to the internet?
Cheers.

Old August 24th 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have BT 1800HG conected to the telephone line "internet". As signal
is poor through 1 wall I purchased Liknsys WAG54G-UK ADSL gateway in
order to communicate wirelessly to the 1800HG hub. I cannot get this to
work and the linksys setup wizards dont work.
How do I get the WAG54G-UK router to communicate wirelessly with the
BT 1800HG which is conected to the internet?
Cheers.

You have the wrong device, you do not want two ADSL routers.

If you want to add more wireless access points then you need either a
wireless access point which you connect using an Ethernet cable to the
router

or

you use a wireless range extender, which is a wireless client and an access
point in one box (it receives and re-transmits the signals).

Have you tried moving the BT router about a bit as small movements can make
big differences to the wireless range?