Wireless Range Extenders

Old August 25th 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Wireless Range Extenders

From: - view profile
Date: Wed, Aug 23 2006 2:26 pm
Email:
Groups: uk.comp.home-networking
Not yet rated
Rating:
show options
original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Hi

I want to extend the range of my BTVoyager 2000. I currently live in a
small house at the end of my neighboughs garden. I have no phone line
and can only just pick up my routers signal in the top window. I want
to be able to get it all over the house. I have tried buying a DLink
DWL G710 range extender but failed to get it working with the
BTVoyager. I spent a fair amount of time trying all the different
options and then spent a further 1 1/2 hours on the phone to Dlink
before they told me it was incompatable. I am trying to get hold of a
Hawking range extender but remain unconvinced that I am not going to
have to buy a new ADSL modem router.

So I have two questions.

Does anyone know what extenders would be compatable with the BTVoyager
2000?
and if i can't find a compatble extender what would be the best set up
if I was going to buy a new adsl modem router and a range extender.

BTW I also want to run voip through the extender.

I imagine siting an extender in the top window and then getting a good
signal around the house.

Thanks for help

Max