Home LAN Network

Old August 25th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Home LAN Network

Hello All,

I am trying right now to setup my LAN network at home.

Here is my setup:

Hardwa-
INTERNET --- WAN || Zyxel P660R || LAN --- WAN || DGL-4300 ||
LAN --- Home Computer

How should I setup my Zyxel (Modem/Router) and DGL-4300 (WLAN Router)
in terms of IP ranges? Should they be on diffferent IP ranges? Am I
right to connect the P660R to the WAN entry of the WLAN router?

I have a web server so i need to be able to forward traffic from my ISP
IP to a specifc server on my LAN, i.e. passing through the P660R and
the DGL-4300.

Basically i would like to us the P660R as a modem only - all the
traffic being passed directly to my WLAN router for proper routing.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks.