Is Max 10 day training affected?

Old August 25th 06, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Is Max 10 day training affected?

Hi,

Sorry is this has been asked before but a search didn't turn up anything
helpful.

My Max went active on the 17th but I wasn't informed by my ISP that this
had happened until the 23rd so the first 6 days of the training period I
was still connected at my old 2mb speed. Will this affect the training
system as so far I've not seen any speeds above 2mb and lots of speeds
at around 0.8mb.

My ISP say the speed will increase on the 10th day but based on what
I've read I have my doubts.

TIA,

Andy
--
remove BRAIN to reply
Old August 25th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Andy Jones wrote:
Hi,

Sorry is this has been asked before but a search didn't turn up
anything helpful.

My Max went active on the 17th but I wasn't informed by my ISP that
this had happened until the 23rd so the first 6 days of the training
period I was still connected at my old 2mb speed. Will this affect
the training system as so far I've not seen any speeds above 2mb and
lots of speeds at around 0.8mb.

My ISP say the speed will increase on the 10th day but based on what
I've read I have my doubts.

You may get the speed increase you are looking for, but for some MAX
actualy produces a speed decrease.

Have you tried rebooting your router, actually power the thing down
leave it a short while & then power it back up, it may produce a
higher speed. Your IP settings may also not be optimized & there are
a few programs which can tweak these (forgotten the URL sorry).

If you are still using a modem & do power down your PC when not in use
then you will have done the reboot part but your IP stacks may still
require a tweak or 2..