Router settings with 8mg help please

Old August 25th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Router settings with 8mg help please

I have an 8mg feed but it does not seem much quicker than before, I am
wondering do I have to change any settings on PCs or router?.

Help pleas

Old August 25th 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"yar" wrote in message
I have an 8mg feed but it does not seem much quicker than before, I am
wondering do I have to change any settings on PCs or router?.

Help pleas

Not really, the router should handle that no trouble. You don't need to
alter the PCs. You will notice downloads from some sites are no faster, go
to a site like Microsoft and try downloading to get an idea of the
difference. It will be no faster on bittorrent or limewire as that is
limited by how fast people can send.
There are also some ADSL speed test sites around.

Old August 25th 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Pete wrote:

It will be no faster on bittorrent or limewire as that is
limited by how fast people can send.

However ADSL-max increased the upload speed for almost all users.