Using Asterisk to simulate an ISDN2e line

Old August 25th 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Using Asterisk to simulate an ISDN2e line

I am trying to get 2 Asterisk servers to communicate over an ISDN2e line.

Each is running Asterisk 1.2.10 + Bristuff driving a HFC-S chipset BRI
card. One is configured as bri_net_ptmp, the other as bri_cpe_ptmp.

I have built a crossover cable wired as

(Rx+) 3 ------ 4 (Tx+)
(Tx+) 4 ------ 3 (Rx+)
(Tx-) 5 ------ 6 (Rx-)
(Rx-) 6 ------ 5 (Tx-)

However the slave (cpe) Asterisk box always reports that the
D-channel is unavailable. While the master (net) box seems happy.

Changing to ptp mode (bri_net and bri_cpe signalling) causes both boxes to
report a lack of D-channel.

Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong?

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk

Old August 26th 06, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Ron Wellsted wrote:
I am trying to get 2 Asterisk servers to communicate over an ISDN2e line.

Each is running Asterisk 1.2.10 + Bristuff driving a HFC-S chipset BRI
card. One is configured as bri_net_ptmp, the other as bri_cpe_ptmp.

I have built a crossover cable wired as

(Rx+) 3 ------ 4 (Tx+)
(Tx+) 4 ------ 3 (Rx+)

However the slave (cpe) Asterisk box always reports that the
D-channel is unavailable. While the master (net) box seems happy.

Changing to ptp mode (bri_net and bri_cpe signalling) causes both boxes to
report a lack of D-channel.

Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong?

I personally thought that you didn't use a crossover in this arrangement.

I wouldn't know though. You'd be better off asking on the asterisk-users
mailing list. There are a lot more ISDN users on there.