BT Broadband Talk - How to I update voicemail?

Old August 26th 06, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT Broadband Talk - How to I update voicemail?

How do I update divert-to-voicemail on my BT Broadband talk account?

Documentation doesn't state and the BT site is ****e.

Thanks

--
GNUEMAIL-Postmaster
postmasteratgnuemail.com

Old August 27th 06, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

GNUEMAIL-Postmaster laid this down on his screen :
How do I update divert-to-voicemail on my BT Broadband talk account?

Documentation doesn't state and the BT site is ****e.

Thanks

This any good to you?

http://www.btbusinessshop.com/page/using_voicemail1571

Old August 27th 06, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"CheggersPop" wrote in message
GNUEMAIL-Postmaster laid this down on his screen :
How do I update divert-to-voicemail on my BT Broadband talk account?

Documentation doesn't state and the BT site is ****e.

Thanks

This any good to you?

http://www.btbusinessshop.com/page/using_voicemail1571

Thanks for the interesting link, but after an hour on the phone to BT India,
I found out where I need to go: http://www.bt.com/bbv

Regards

Old August 27th 06, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"GNUEMAIL-Postmaster" wrote in message
"CheggersPop" wrote in message
GNUEMAIL-Postmaster laid this down on his screen :
How do I update divert-to-voicemail on my BT Broadband talk account?

Documentation doesn't state and the BT site is ****e.

Thanks

This any good to you?

http://www.btbusinessshop.com/page/using_voicemail1571

Thanks for the interesting link, but after an hour on the phone to BT
India,
I found out where I need to go: http://www.bt.com/bbv

Interesting. I am about to move home, and was looking for a new broadband
provider. Until I read that sentence, BT were in pole position but now I
think they may have retired to the pit lane.

Old August 27th 06, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Partac" wrote in message

"GNUEMAIL-Postmaster" wrote in message
"CheggersPop" wrote in message
GNUEMAIL-Postmaster laid this down on his screen :
How do I update divert-to-voicemail on my BT Broadband talk account?

Documentation doesn't state and the BT site is ****e.

Thanks

This any good to you?

http://www.btbusinessshop.com/page/using_voicemail1571

Thanks for the interesting link, but after an hour on the phone to BT
India,
I found out where I need to go: http://www.bt.com/bbv

Interesting. I am about to move home, and was looking for a new broadband
provider. Until I read that sentence, BT were in pole position but now I
think they may have retired to the pit lane.

You might like to know that they use dynamic IPs as well, presumably to stop
people setting up a moderate bandwidth consuming home server/domain/ftp site
etc etc.

Old August 28th 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Partac wrote:

Interesting. I am about to move home, and was looking for a new broadband
provider. Until I read that sentence, BT were in pole position but now I
think they may have retired to the pit lane.

If you want UK based technical support and if static IPs are important
for you like they would appear to be to the OP then go for BT business
broadband if you want to go BT, even though you are wanting it for home.

Old August 28th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

GNUEMAIL-Postmaster wrote:

Interesting. I am about to move home, and was looking for a new broadband
provider. Until I read that sentence, BT were in pole position but now I
think they may have retired to the pit lane.

You might like to know that they use dynamic IPs as well, presumably to stop
people setting up a moderate bandwidth consuming home server/domain/ftp site
etc etc.

That doesn't stop you, as there's plenty of dynamic DNS services out
there to get round this issue.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
Old August 28th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"SteveH" wrote in message
GNUEMAIL-Postmaster wrote:

Interesting. I am about to move home, and was looking for a new
broadband
provider. Until I read that sentence, BT were in pole position but now
think they may have retired to the pit lane.

You might like to know that they use dynamic IPs as well, presumably to
stop
people setting up a moderate bandwidth consuming home server/domain/ftp
site
etc etc.

That doesn't stop you, as there's plenty of dynamic DNS services out
there to get round this issue.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

.....such as dynip.com and zapto.org