Siemens C450IP

Old August 28th 06, 06:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Siemens C450IP

I posted here recently regard this phone, asking for reviews or people who
have tried them for advice, but they are not
apparantly that easy to get hold off. Anyway I managed to get one In France,
where I live. They recently became available after being out of stock
everywhere. Just like to say that it's a really good product, works really
well in my case. The SIP account that I am using is with a French
broadband/TV/phone operator called Free, very innovative in that they are
beta testing free SIP accounts which will remain free (Is that happening in
the UK yet ?) .. Practivcally all of europe is free + US, which gives for a
very useful SIP account . Also works fine with an asterisk server that I set
up.
I also know for a fact that a phone bought in France definatly works in the
UK (just the funny plugs problems)

James

Old August 28th 06, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

James wrote:

I posted here recently regard this phone, asking for reviews or people who
have tried them for advice, but they are not
apparantly that easy to get hold off. Anyway I managed to get one In
France, where I live. They recently became available after being out of
stock everywhere. Just like to say that it's a really good product, works
really well in my case. The SIP account that I am using is with a French
broadband/TV/phone operator called Free, very innovative in that they are
beta testing free SIP accounts which will remain free (Is that happening
in the UK yet ?) .. Practivcally all of europe is free + US, which gives
for a very useful SIP account . Also works fine with an asterisk server
that I set up.

Looks like a pretty neat phone, and Open Source too. One reason you haven't
had (m)any responses is that there don't appear to be any for sale in the
UK, and it was only released recently. I haven't seen any other SIP+DECT
handsets on the market, and it looks pretty cheap so it should be a killer.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:40:54 up 2 days, 3:45, 1 user, load average: 0.30, 0.32, 0.23

Old August 29th 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

alexd wrote:
James wrote:

[snip]
Also works fine with an asterisk server that I set up.

Looks like a pretty neat phone, and Open Source too. One reason you haven't
had (m)any responses is that there don't appear to be any for sale in the
UK, and it was only released recently. I haven't seen any other SIP+DECT
handsets on the market, and it looks pretty cheap so it should be a killer.

Funky toy! More goodies to add to the Xmas wishlist
Prices seem to be 80 - 90 from Europe, 60-odd squid - not bad
compared to some of the wi-fi phones around. And also cheaper than
buying a regular ATA + DECT phone

Old September 2nd 06, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

alexd wrote:

Looks like a pretty neat phone, and Open Source too. One reason you haven't
had (m)any responses is that there don't appear to be any for sale in the
UK, and it was only released recently. I haven't seen any other SIP+DECT
handsets on the market, and it looks pretty cheap so it should be a killer.

The C460-IP, which is the UK variant of the C450-IP, will be available
in the UK in the next few weeks. I'm not sure of the exactly delivery date.

Tim