Voyager 105 help

Old August 28th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Voyager 105 help

When not connected to Plusnet my 105 has two lights showing then I presume
it is "in sync" if I then connect to Plusnet the third flashes sometimes ,
things are O.K. for a while. Soon the connection drops and only one light
shows,it soon goes in sync again and I need to re-connect . If I don't
connect to Plusnet it appears to stay in sync (with the exchange) all the
time . Would this indicate a line fault or plusnet fault Regards and thanks

Old August 28th 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Leveled" wrote in message
When not connected to Plusnet my 105 has two lights showing then I presume
it is "in sync" if I then connect to Plusnet the third flashes sometimes
, things are O.K. for a while. Soon the connection drops and only one
light shows,it soon goes in sync again and I need to re-connect . If I
don't connect to Plusnet it appears to stay in sync (with the exchange)
all the time . Would this indicate a line fault or plusnet fault Regards
and thanks E

Navigate to the Voyager status box, Either by right clicking on the DSL
status icon, or via the start button to the voyager configure menu, click on
'status'. Once the status box is open, press 'control' and 'F1' at the same
time.

This will bring up a lot more info. Such as line information. The signal
to noise measurement - SNR Margin, under DSL Link, will tell you how good
the connection to the exchange is.... If too low, the modem will not
connect too well (exact figures escape me). Post your findings here, and
I'm sure you will get good feedback.

Graham

Old August 28th 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Graham" wrote in message
"Leveled" wrote in message
When not connected to Plusnet my 105 has two lights showing then I
presume it is "in sync" if I then connect to Plusnet the third flashes
sometimes , things are O.K. for a while. Soon the connection drops and
only one light shows,it soon goes in sync again and I need to re-connect
. If I don't connect to Plusnet it appears to stay in sync (with the
exchange) all the time . Would this indicate a line fault or plusnet
fault Regards and thanks E

Navigate to the Voyager status box, Either by right clicking on the DSL
status icon, or via the start button to the voyager configure menu, click
on 'status'. Once the status box is open, press 'control' and 'F1' at the
same time.

This will bring up a lot more info. Such as line information. The signal
to noise measurement - SNR Margin, under DSL Link, will tell you how good
the connection to the exchange is.... If too low, the modem will not
connect too well (exact figures escape me). Post your findings here, and
I'm sure you will get good feedback.

Graham

Thanks ,a wealth of information I do not understsnd but- Attenuation54.5
Local
31.5 Remote
SNR 8.5 and 9 Local
9 Remote
Any help apreciated E

Old August 28th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Leveled" wrote in message

"Graham" wrote in message
"Leveled" wrote in message
[...]

Signal to Noise (SNR) seems a bit low - I just had a look on Plusnets FAQ
pages and they reckon 12 to be around minimum:
http://usergroup.plus.net/tiscali_faq_280706.php

Graham

Old August 28th 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Leveled" wrote in message

"Graham" wrote in message
"Leveled" wrote in message
[...]

This looks like a good page of explanations too :

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm

Graham

Old August 29th 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Graham2" wrote in message
"Leveled" wrote in message

"Graham" wrote in message
"Leveled" wrote in message
When not connected to Plusnet my 105 has two lights showing then I
presume it is "in sync" if I then connect to Plusnet the third flashes
sometimes , things are O.K. for a while. Soon the connection drops and
only one light shows,it soon goes in sync again and I need to
re-connect . If I don't connect to Plusnet it appears to stay in sync
(with the exchange) all the time . Would this indicate a line fault or
plusnet fault Regards and thanks E

[...]

Thanks for the info,should B.T not be able to improver my line do you think
there is a modem or router that would work in these conditions Thanks E

Old August 29th 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Leveled" wrote in message

"Graham2" wrote in message
"Leveled" wrote in message

"Graham" wrote in message
"Leveled" wrote in message
When not connected to Plusnet my 105 has two lights showing then I
presume it is "in sync" if I then connect to Plusnet the third
flashes sometimes , things are O.K. for a while. Soon the connection
drops and only one light shows,it soon goes in sync again and I need
to re-connect . If I don't connect to Plusnet it appears to stay in
sync (with the exchange) all the time . Would this indicate a line
fault or plusnet fault Regards and thanks E

[...]

Have a look for the thread entitled "Best router for poor quality line" - On
google for archived threads.

They mention the Netgear DG834 v2 router is quite good, or Draytek Vigor
2600+ with special long line firmware.

Graham