Sipura 3000

Old August 28th 06, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Sipura 3000

I have a Sipura 3000 which I did not use for more than 1 year, as I switched
to the german-made Fritz Box
Of course, after 1 year I forgot all about setting up this Sipura

Now I wanted to install this Sipura device in my doughters student room,
where she has broadband
Altough the Sipura 3000 has 2 phone ports (FSX, FSO or 1 line and 1 phone
connector) it is not the intention to conncet to a PSTN line

Can you please remind me how to setup ?

* I would like to setup 2 Voip accounts (one for receiving calls on a
VOIP-IN number) and another for making outgoing calls (using
voipcheap.com) - is this possible ?
* What would be the dialplan to force all calls to the default outgoing VOIP
provider?
* How to force a call to use the 2nd provider ?

Thanks for your help

Old August 28th 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

snip

http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_3000_guide.pdf

Old August 28th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Philippe Deleye brought next idea :
I have a Sipura 3000 which I did not use for more than 1 year, as I switched
to the german-made Fritz Box
Of course, after 1 year I forgot all about setting up this Sipura

Now I wanted to install this Sipura device in my doughters student room,
where she has broadband
Altough the Sipura 3000 has 2 phone ports (FSX, FSO or 1 line and 1 phone
connector) it is not the intention to conncet to a PSTN line

Can you please remind me how to setup ?

* I would like to setup 2 Voip accounts (one for receiving calls on a
VOIP-IN number) and another for making outgoing calls (using
voipcheap.com) - is this possible ?
* What would be the dialplan to force all calls to the default outgoing VOIP
provider?
* How to force a call to use the 2nd provider ?

Thanks for your help

Have a look here www.leafcom.co.uk for detailed instructions.

AFAIK, in order to dial out with a second provider, this provider has
to allow calls to be made without registration. However, if you use the
voxalot idea, this can be overcome.

Old August 28th 06, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message of Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Jono writes
[...]

Not necessarily so. You use up to 4 gateways.

Old August 29th 06, 07:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"David Floyd" wrote in message

Thanks for your help

Have a look here www.leafcom.co.uk for detailed instructions.

AFAIK, in order to dial out with a second provider, this provider has to
allow calls to be made without registration.

Not necessarily so. You use up to 4 gateways.

Please show me how to use a gateway for a provider that requires the ATA to
register with their server.

Old August 29th 06, 08:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message of Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Jono writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message

Thanks for your help

Have a look here www.leafcom.co.uk for detailed instructions.

AFAIK, in order to dial out with a second provider, this provider has to
allow calls to be made without registration.

Not necessarily so. You use up to 4 gateways.

Please show me how to use a gateway for a provider that requires the ATA to
register with their server.

By entering your personal details (account, password etc) in the 4 boxes
for the gateway, doesn't that make registration as soon as you initiate
the call?
Old August 29th 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:29:53 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:

In message of Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Jono writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message

Thanks for your help

Have a look here www.leafcom.co.uk for detailed instructions.

AFAIK, in order to dial out with a second provider, this provider has to
allow calls to be made without registration.

Not necessarily so. You use up to 4 gateways.

Please show me how to use a gateway for a provider that requires the ATA to
register with their server.

By entering your personal details (account, password etc) in the 4 boxes
for the gateway, doesn't that make registration as soon as you initiate
the call?

Yes you are right but I think what Jono was meaning is that some
providers require you to be permanently registered or you sort of
'drop off' and it is not so quick to reregister. I think that this is
true of some OZ providers. I keep some providers 'warmed up' on
voxalot. Afaik if you set to 'register' on voxalot it keeps that
provider registered al the time.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old August 29th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Brian A brought next idea :
Yes you are right but I think what Jono was meaning

Ta.