be llu in oct 2007 for my exchange

Old August 28th 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default be llu in oct 2007 for my exchange

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=EAEWD

was thinking about going to BE when my 12 months is up with demon
(january) but they won't llu my exhchange for over a year, I am
particularly interested in a faster speed and no usage limits, anybody
know how firm these dates are and what alternatives exist ?

--
Eps

Old August 29th 06, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

andy wrote:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=EAEWD

was thinking about going to BE when my 12 months is up with demon
(january) but they won't llu my exhchange for over a year

Count your blessings !

Graham

Old August 29th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

andy wrote:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=EAEWD

was thinking about going to BE when my 12 months is up with demon
(january) but they won't llu my exhchange for over a year, I am
particularly interested in a faster speed and no usage limits, anybody
know how firm these dates are and what alternatives exist ?

easynet = ukonline = skybroadband, hence you can get upto 22mb (UKO =
30/month) or upto16mb (Sky = extra 10/month on to of sub), in the case of
UKO now, and sky probably before Christmas

Jon

Old August 29th 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Simon Smith wrote:
What's wrong with Demon. They have no limits and I just got back from
vacation to find I have been upgraded to 8Megs.

If you are now on ADSL max with demon you are now subject to a
(extremely vague and undefined) fair usage policy.

--
Eps
Old August 29th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Demon have always had a fair usage policy, it's just that it gets
mentioned a bit more now. To quote Demon's FAQ:-

"This will only affect customers continuously downloading large volumes
of data, which we estimate is less than 1% of our customer base."

and

"Will I be affected by the Fair Usage Policy?
The Fair Usage Policy will only affect very heavy users.

* Customers that use their connection for email and web browsing for 8
hours every day would not be affected.
* Gamers would not be affected even if they played for several hours
every day.
* Customers that download reasonably large amounts of music and video
would not be affected. For example, a thousand music tracks and five
films every month would not be considered unfair usage."

Even if I was to work from home 5 days a week, I doubt I would bust
these restrictions.

Demon might not be the cheapest, but ask PlusNet users about quality of
service.