Swapping providers in the UK ?

Old August 29th 06, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Swapping providers in the UK ?

I'm probably one of the many who hear of all these new deals coming
along and wonder if it's worth taking that flying leap into the unknown.

I ask this as I'd just got a call from India of course talking about
Sanity Broadband and free calls all the time, locally and internationally.

I'm with BT and it's costing over 30 for the whole lot per month and I
should shift to another provider, providing the backup is seam-free.

Take your best shot, guys. I deserve it! ;-)

Richard.

--
Cust. - "Fine salmon in the rivers."
Will Hay - "Grouse on the moors."
Old August 29th 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Richard Brooks said the following on 29/08/06 13:19:
I'm probably one of the many who hear of all these new deals coming
along and wonder if it's worth taking that flying leap into the unknown.

I ask this as I'd just got a call from India of course talking about
Sanity Broadband and free calls all the time, locally and internationally.

I'm with BT and it's costing over 30 for the whole lot per month and I
should shift to another provider, providing the backup is seam-free.

Sorry, that should include telephone line rental too!

Old August 29th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
I'm probably one of the many who hear of all these new deals coming along
and wonder if it's worth taking that flying leap into the unknown.

I ask this as I'd just got a call from India of course talking about
Sanity Broadband and free calls all the time, locally and internationally.

I'm with BT and it's costing over 30 for the whole lot per month and I
should shift to another provider, providing the backup is seam-free.

Take your best shot, guys. I deserve it! ;-)

Richard.

--
Cust. - "Fine salmon in the rivers."
Will Hay - "Grouse on the moors."
Cust. - "Deer in the hills."
Will Hay - "Ah! but cheaper in the towns!"

18 month contract and 29 setup fee? Nah!!!

http://www.sanity123.com/customer/br...ers=broadband1

Norman

Old August 29th 06, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In message , Richard Brooks
writes
Richard Brooks said the following on 29/08/06 13:19:
I'm probably one of the many who hear of all these new deals coming
along and wonder if it's worth taking that flying leap into the unknown.
I ask this as I'd just got a call from India of course talking about
Sanity Broadband and free calls all the time, locally and
internationally.
I'm with BT and it's costing over 30 for the whole lot per month
and I should shift to another provider, providing the backup is
seam-free.

Sorry, that should include telephone line rental too!

http://www.sanity123.com/?

It doesn't say the prices include line rental, but the they would seem a
bit expensive if they didn't.

GBP29 a month, plus GBP29 setup fee for a twelve month contract; or
GBP24 month, plus GBP29 setup fee for an eighteen month contract.

This deal doesn't seem very special. And there's the usual vague "Fair
Usage Policy."

I'd prefer to wait for the market to settle down a bit before taking the
plunge.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old August 29th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Norman said the following on 29/08/06 16:52:
"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
I'm probably one of the many who hear of all these new deals coming along
and wonder if it's worth taking that flying leap into the unknown.

I ask this as I'd just got a call from India of course talking about
Sanity Broadband and free calls all the time, locally and internationally.

I'm with BT and it's costing over 30 for the whole lot per month and I
should shift to another provider, providing the backup is seam-free.

Take your best shot, guys. I deserve it! ;-)

18 month contract and 29 setup fee? Nah!!!

http://www.sanity123.com/customer/br...ers=broadband1

Norman

Thanks for that Norman! I couldn't find them so you saved me some head
scratching.

I might try to downgrade on my BT Broadband+BT Together Option 1 as it
cost me 135 this quarter including call costs of 13.

Richard.

Old August 29th 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:09:50 +0100, Richard Brooks
wrote:

[...]

So your bill was 135. Hmm. Line rental 36 + calls of 13 + VAT; what's that
about 58? So your Broadband cost you about 25 per month, right?

How about keeping your BT line [pay by direct debit to save 1 a month];
switch to another voice call provider [but make 6 calls with BT using 1280],
potential saving here 3 a month. Next get your MAC to move to another
provider - one that costs you about 11 a month [14 saving per month] and
have the icing on the cake of free Broadband for a year by signing up he
http://www.names.co.uk/home_broadband.html [worth 131 in the first year].

Do have a good look at the other packages there as possibly there maybe a more
suitable packages for your needs which won't be as financially attractive but
with more bells and whistles than from BT.

Greater savings available by using Dell boy providers but I assume you want a
service that actually works 99.99999999% of the time for surfing and email.

At this moment in time switching to a LLU provider may be like voluntary
signing in to a mental health institute, easy to get in but almost impossible
to get out!

Of course if your are still in a minimum contract period your are stuffed.

DCB