Removing ADSL Marker on new line

Old August 29th 06, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Removing ADSL Marker on new line

Just taken over a shop, and BT have provided us with a new number.

However, it would seem that the number may not be new, just re-cycled.

Our problem is that there appears to be a marker on the line which is
preventing us placing an order for Broadband.

BT are useless, and it seems that joe public are not allowed to contact BT
wholesale.

Anybody have any clues as who to get this marker removed?

Many Thanks

Jason Russell

Old August 29th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Jason Russell" wrote in message
Just taken over a shop, and BT have provided us with a new number.

However, it would seem that the number may not be new, just re-cycled.

Our problem is that there appears to be a marker on the line which is
preventing us placing an order for Broadband.

BT are useless, and it seems that joe public are not allowed to contact BT
wholesale.

Anybody have any clues as who to get this marker removed?

Many Thanks

Jason Russell

See:
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/tag/

George

Old August 29th 06, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:12:05 +0100, "Jason Russell"
wrote:

Just taken over a shop, and BT have provided us with a new number.

However, it would seem that the number may not be new, just re-cycled.

Our problem is that there appears to be a marker on the line which is
preventing us placing an order for Broadband.

BT are useless, and it seems that joe public are not allowed to contact BT
wholesale.

Anybody have any clues as who to get this marker removed?

Many Thanks

Jason Russell

Trading standards, the goods supplied were not new.

DCB

Old August 29th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

Just taken over a shop, and BT have provided us with a new number.

However, it would seem that the number may not be new, just
re-cycled.

Our problem is that there appears to be a marker on the line which is
preventing us placing an order for Broadband.

BT are useless, and it seems that joe public are not allowed to
contact BT wholesale.

Anybody have any clues as who to get this marker removed?

Many Thanks

Jason Russell

Trading standards, the goods supplied were not new.

DCB

Not sure that would apply to a telephone number!

Old August 29th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

George Weston wrote:
"Jason Russell" wrote in message
Just taken over a shop, and BT have provided us with a new number.

However, it would seem that the number may not be new, just
re-cycled. Our problem is that there appears to be a marker on the line
which is
preventing us placing an order for Broadband.

BT are useless, and it seems that joe public are not allowed to
contact BT wholesale.

Anybody have any clues as who to get this marker removed?

Many Thanks

Jason Russell

See:
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/tag/

George

Many Thanks George

Very Handy

Old August 29th 06, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Anybody have any clues as who to get this marker removed?

Trading standards, the goods supplied were not new.

DCB

Not sure that would apply to a telephone number!

The Telecom industry is just one big joke. No one cares and they says after
waiting on the line that there is nothing they can do, its the fault of
another provider. Ofcom are a complete waste of space, they say contact BT
Wholesale and BT Wholesale just say contact Ofcom.

I tried in vain to get a marker removed without success for about 2 weeks.
I really went for everyone in my sight but they lie to you and just blame
one another. Some staff tell you as it is, then wish you the best of luck,
ie they know how big a nightmare it is.

I tried the line not fit for the purpose with BT and told them to remove it
or get off their arse and install a new line that is not tainted with a
marker. In the usual BT way, they refused to reply or say it wasn't there
department.

I am really surprised the industry can operate in the way it does. Its only
because broadband is a necessity that we put up with it.

Anyway, the marker will stop there indefinately, it should be released but
hey, no one gives a ****. The only way you can remove the marker is to
phone the ISP of your choice and tell them the situation and ask them to
apply to BT Wholesale to transfer the broadband to them. Should take about
10 days but don't forget the BT Wholesale are not accountable and if its not
done in that time, its just tuff, you will have to wait.

Seriously. Arseholes in the telecom industry. It should be run like gas,
electric and water.

Old August 29th 06, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Jane T" wrote:

Seriously. Arseholes in the telecom industry. It should be run like gas,
electric and water.

Do you really think customer service is any better in those
industries?

Gas prices have more than doubled because no-one thought to tie up
long term contracts, instead relying on the spot market. Electricity
suppliers cannot get their billing sorted out. Thames Water leaks
like a sieve but gets off scot free every time ... :-(

Old August 30th 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
"Jane T" wrote:

Seriously. Arseholes in the telecom industry. It should be run like gas,
electric and water.

Do you really think customer service is any better in those
industries?

No

Gas prices have more than doubled because no-one thought to tie up
long term contracts, instead relying on the spot market. Electricity
suppliers cannot get their billing sorted out. Thames Water leaks
like a sieve but gets off scot free every time ... :-(

I wouldn't expect a Gas company to be run like a Water company or an
Electric company, you can't compare them.

However when I recently moved house there was water, gas and electric to the
house. There was a telephone line to the house but it had been cancelled.
When I phoned BT to connect it they said the line was with a different
service provider and would take 14 days to reconnect. I asked many people
who held the line, no one would tell me, the previous occupants told me and
when I contacted this company they just denied all knowledge over and over
again. It eventually took over 3 weeks to flick a switch to get me a
telephone line, then the bloody line had a marker so I couldn't get
broadband. I tried in vain, everyone got a phone call, to get the marker
removed, no one helped, some were sympathic and wished me luck but
ultimately couldn't help. I eventually signed up with an ISP who said my
switch on date would be one date, only to put it back to another date and
when I wasn't switched on at this date said it was BT Wholesale fault but
would look into it. It was connected the next day.

I do everything on-line and I couldn't get broadband for over 6 weeks from
the date I moved house.

Why can't telephone and broadband services be like Gas, Electric and Water?

Old August 30th 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 30-Aug-2006, "Jane T" wrote:

I wouldn't expect a Gas company to be run like a Water company or an
Electric company, you can't compare them.

Perhaps we should let the Gas companies run the Water, less leaks,
well one would hope so. If Gas leaked like Water we would all be getting
blown up.
Old August 30th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Jane T" wrote:

[...]

So you're blaming BT for another telcos problems. If the other telco
doesn't release the line & doesn't release the marker BT Wholesale are
not allowed to remove it (on your say so). It's all part of the
equivalence process which they are being forced to work under & if
they don't they could be in serious trouble with OFCOM.

In this matter you should be addressing your spleen against the other
Telco not getting they act together. Mind you I cancelled both my
broadband (cable modem) & telephone line from another company over 2
years ago, they only stopped the broadband 6 months later after I
contacted them & soundly bollocked them about their inadequacies, but
to this day the telephone line has never been ceased. It's now
stumped ouside but whilst it was still connected to a socket we were
still receiving calls from misguided friends who kept forgetting the
proper telephone number.