Multiple line switch

Old August 29th 06, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Default Multiple line switch

I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a single
telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN line and a VOIP
adapter. The functionality I want is that incoming calling on the BT
line ring the telephone (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the
telephone as an added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the
phone off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via the VOIP.

Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model numbers etc?

Old August 29th 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message
ups.com
I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
(incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
the VOIP.

Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
numbers etc?

The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

Ivor

Old August 29th 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com
I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT
PSTN line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want
is that incoming calling on the BT line ring the
telephone (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the
telephone as an added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e.
taking the phone off-hook when no incoming call) would
always route via the VOIP.

Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
numbers etc?

The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

Ivor

I forgot, if you would like the convenience of everything (ADSL modem,
router, VoIP adaptor) in one box, the AVM Fritz!Box range are worth a
look.

www.avm.de/en

Ivor

Old August 29th 06, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Ivor Jones wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com
I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
(incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
the VOIP.

Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
numbers etc?

The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

Ivor

Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with an existing
ATA. Any ideas?

Old August 29th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message
oups.com
Ivor Jones wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com
I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow
a single telephone to be connected to both a normal
BT PSTN line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I
want is that incoming calling on the BT line ring the
telephone (incoming on the VOIP would also ring the
telephone as an added bonus!), but outbound calls
(i.e. taking the phone off-hook when no incoming
call) would always route via the VOIP.

Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
numbers etc?

The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

Ivor

Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with
an existing ATA. Any ideas?

Not really, no. Only a two-line phone such as the BT Converse 2025 (now
obsolete but still available quite cheaply). If you want DECT then it gets
expensive..!

Ivor

Old August 29th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com
I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
(incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
the VOIP.

Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
numbers etc?

The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

Ivor

Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with an existing
ATA. Any ideas?

There's another thread for a SIP/DECT phone that might interest you -
though it would replace an exeisting ATA. At least it'd allow PSTN or
VOIP calls, in and out - the Siemens C450IP :
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.te...ca60e8608df4/#

Old August 29th 06, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com
I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
(incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
the VOIP.

Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
numbers etc?

The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

Ivor

Thanks. I was looking for something that could work with an existing
ATA. Any ideas?

There is always the "combine-a-line" switch.. Im using one and its
working OK.. It does automatically switch incoming calls (2 lines), but
will use the last used line to make outgoing calls.. So basically if its
not set to the line you want to use (LED light on the box) you need to
press the button to change line. It gets a bit getting used to, but its
working OK if you keep an eye on the box when making phonecalls.

They are sold by a guy in the US, and can be found on ebay.
Old August 29th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Scope wrote:
wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com
[...]

Thanks. I've found this on eBay. I want to use BT for incoming and
VOIP for outgoing calls. With this device, do incoming calls affect
the "last used line" and hence determine how the next outbound call
gets routed?

Old August 30th 06, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

"Ivor Jones" schreef in bericht
wrote in message
ups.com
I'm looking for an _automated_ switch that will allow a
single telephone to be connected to both a normal BT PSTN
line and a VOIP adapter. The functionality I want is
that incoming calling on the BT line ring the telephone
(incoming on the VOIP would also ring the telephone as an
added bonus!), but outbound calls (i.e. taking the phone
off-hook when no incoming call) would always route via
the VOIP.

Does anyone have a suggestion of manufacturers, model
numbers etc?

The Sipura 3000 should fit the bill.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

Ivor

Hi,

I would rather take the SPA3102, has the same price and is more flexible
with build-in router.

Robert