call recording in asterisk

Old August 29th 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default call recording in asterisk

Hi,

I setup asterisk using the [email protected] install. I have configured it to
send and receive calls via my voipcheap account. I want to record all calls
going through the box, but currently it is only recording thos calls between
extensions on the box, and not any calls which use the SIP trunk to call
out.

Also how does asterisk pair the call recordings together, as I seem to get a
recording from one exension and all noise coming from the other direction is
cut out.

Thanks in advance.

Shabbir

Old August 29th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Shabbir brought next idea :
Hi,

I setup asterisk using the [email protected] install. I have configured it to
send and receive calls via my voipcheap account. I want to record all
calls going through the box, but currently it is only recording thos calls
between extensions on the box, and not any calls which use the SIP trunk to
call out.

Also how does asterisk pair the call recordings together, as I seem to get
a recording from one exension and all noise coming from the other direction
is cut out.

Thanks in advance.

Shabbir

Why are you not using Trixbox? This is the latest version of what was
once called [email protected]

There were some bugs in a previous version's call recording, namely [email protected]
v2.8.

Asterisk should use sox to merge the two files into one, after the call
has completed.

Old August 29th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thanks Jono for the advice - I am downloading trixbox now. I am using it on
windows with VMware - I hope it works well.

You mentioned merging the two files with sox - is this done automatically?

k...

Old August 29th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Shabbir wrote:

|| "Jono" wrote in message
|| k...
||| Shabbir brought next idea :
||| Why are you not using Trixbox? This is the latest version of what
||| was once called [email protected]
||| There were some bugs in a previous version's call recording, namely
||| [email protected] v2.8.
||| Asterisk should use sox to merge the two files into one, after the
||| call has completed.

|| Thanks Jono for the advice - I am downloading trixbox now. I am
|| using it on windows with VMware - I hope it works well.
|| You mentioned merging the two files with sox - is this done
|| automatically?

For your own benefit, head on over to http://nerdvittles.com the blogger
there has made available a preconfigured VMWare image of trixbox, with all
the necessary corrections & modifications already done. It is An
Americanised version, however, this is easily altered.

Sox merges the two wav files automatically, yes.

Old August 29th 06, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
Shabbir wrote:

|| "Jono" wrote in message
|| k...
||| Shabbir brought next idea :

snip
Jono opined:
||| Why are you not using Trixbox? This is the latest version of what
||| was once called [email protected]
||| snip

Shabbir came back
|| Thanks Jono for the advice - I am downloading trixbox now. I am
|| using it on windows with VMware - I hope it works well.
|| You mentioned merging the two files with sox - is this done
|| automatically?

For your own benefit, head on over to http://nerdvittles.com the blogger
there has made available a preconfigured VMWare image of trixbox, with all
the necessary corrections & modifications already done. It is An
Americanised version, however, this is easily altered.

Sox merges the two wav files automatically, yes.

The nerdvittles vmware version is rather good and takes little work
compared to a full install. I might add that running it with only 512mb
ram works OK, but occasionally slows the PC down a bit when there's a
lot of load at the time (though strangely didn't affect the call
quality). 1gb ram seems to go great!

Old August 31st 06, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi,

I have setup trixbox. Works great. But I am still getting problem in that
if I call a number other than an extension eg use 9 and then a landline
number, I find the call gets logged but not recorded. How to change that?

Kind Regards,

"paul123" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jono wrote:
Shabbir wrote:

|| "Jono" wrote in message
|| k...
||| Shabbir brought next idea :

snip
Jono opined:
||| Why are you not using Trixbox? This is the latest version of what
||| was once called [email protected]
||| snip

Shabbir came back

Old August 31st 06, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Shabbir wrote:
Hi,

I have setup trixbox. Works great. But I am still getting problem in that
if I call a number other than an extension eg use 9 and then a landline
number, I find the call gets logged but not recorded. How to change that?

Kind Regards,

"paul123" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jono wrote:
Shabbir wrote:

|| "Jono" wrote in message
|| k...
||| Shabbir brought next idea :

snip
Jono opined:
||| Why are you not using Trixbox? This is the latest version of what
||| was once called [email protected]
||| snip

Shabbir came back
|| Thanks Jono for the advice - I am downloading trixbox now. I am
|| using it on windows with VMware - I hope it works well.
|| You mentioned merging the two files with sox - is this done
|| automatically?

For your own benefit, head on over to http://nerdvittles.com the blogger
there has made available a preconfigured VMWare image of trixbox, with
all
the necessary corrections & modifications already done. It is An
Americanised version, however, this is easily altered.

Sox merges the two wav files automatically, yes.

The nerdvittles vmware version is rather good and takes little work
compared to a full install. I might add that running it with only 512mb
ram works OK, but occasionally slows the PC down a bit when there's a
lot of load at the time (though strangely didn't affect the call
quality). 1gb ram seems to go great!

On setting up the extensions, did you set the "record incoming" and
"record outgoing" options to "always"?. If not, go into the extension
on FreePBX and modify those options.

Old August 31st 06, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi Paul,

Yes both options are set to record always. But still only internal calls
are recorded. Also where are recordings located and are the logs stored in
the mysql db - can that be accessed by other proprietry scripts?

Thanks in advance.

Shabbir

"paul123" wrote in message
ps.com...

Shabbir wrote:
Hi,

I have setup trixbox. Works great. But I am still getting problem in
that
if I call a number other than an extension eg use 9 and then a landline
number, I find the call gets logged but not recorded. How to change
that?

Kind Regards,

"paul123" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jono wrote:
Shabbir wrote:

|| "Jono" wrote in message
|| k...
||| Shabbir brought next idea :
snip
Jono opined:
||| Why are you not using Trixbox? This is the latest version of what
||| was once called [email protected]
||| snip
Shabbir came back

Old August 31st 06, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Shabbir wrote:
Hi Paul,

Yes both options are set to record always. But still only internal calls
are recorded. Also where are recordings located and are the logs stored in
the mysql db - can that be accessed by other proprietry scripts?

Hi Shabbir,
I don't normally use the record option, so.... I've just had a play
with the recording on my main Trixbox set to record always (in and out)
on 2 extensions and there is some funny behaviour. Between extensions
it only seems to be recording on the inward call, whilst dialling out
from one of these extensions to a UK number *does* get recorded.
Strange.

Even stranger, I had a play with 2 extensions on another Trixbox I've
set up on vmware in XP and that IS behaving alright, ie recording in
and out. Both trixbox installations are v.1.1.1 updated and patched -
weird.

I thought the recordings were located in phpadminasterisk
dbrecordings table, but I can only see recordings made for
announcements there.

Jono, do you know where they are?

Old August 31st 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

on 31/08/2006, paul123 supposed :
Shabbir wrote:
[...]

I do in [email protected] - /var/spool/asterisk/monitor is where they reside.

Shabbir, how do you know they're not there.....if you don't know where
they are...?

Incidentally, I downgraded from [email protected] v2.8 to v2.7 because of call
recording issues - 2.8 wouldn't record inbound calls which were
directed at a ring group.

I have yet to pluck up the courage to go through it all again with
Trixbox!

Has anyone checked the Asterisk bug tracker (& the Trixbox one, if it
exists)?