LAN Speed Test Software?

Old August 29th 06, 11:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default LAN Speed Test Software?

Hi,

I need some software to test some leased line links.

They are supposed to be 2 Meg lines, but we don't think we are getting this
speed from them - any suggestions on some, preferably free, software to test
them!?

Ta :-)

Sparks...

Old August 29th 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Sparks" wrote in message
I need some software to test some leased line links.

They are supposed to be 2 Meg lines, but we don't think we are getting
this speed from them - any suggestions on some, preferably free, software
to test them!?

If you are running Windows NT4/2k/XP/2k3, monitoring the relevant interface
using Perfmon should give you a good idea (obviously you are looking for the
peak rate).

Alex

Old August 30th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

In article , Sparks says...

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

--
Conor

"No trilogy should have more than four books" - Arthur C. Clarke