Freetalk transfering to Vonage!"!

Old August 30th 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Freetalk transfering to Vonage!"!

I am not happy about this. I have just bought the Freetalk adaptor on 17 Aug
2006 (13 days ago).

I have just received an email, saying Freetalk is now going to Vonage
http://www.vonage.co.uk/freetalk/ (3rd September) and that I have to have a
new modem (Motorola VT2442 telephone adapter), which is totally free apart
from the 8.99 p+p!!!! So it's not free then!!!

I paid 19.99 for the Freetalk adaptor from PCWorld for this service, now
I'm supposed to pay for another one!

Yes, I may get the 8.99 "refunded/credited" to my account. But that is not
the point!

Also, instead of 6.99 per month, it will now be 7.99 per month, with 1
"refunded/credited" to my account.

These Freetalk boxes were still on sale in PCWorld yesterday, and no doubt
if people buy them today, come a couple of weeks they will have to fork out
another 8.99 for a new box. What a waste!

I am off to get a refund for my current box, cus I am not happy about this.
Buyer beware.

Old August 31st 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:15:02 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
wrote:

I am not happy about this. I have just bought the Freetalk adaptor on 17
Aug
2006 (13 days ago).

Having made some enquiries just now anyone on the 12 month service
will be provided free of charge a vonage ata and existing number will
be ported to vonage and amount of service remaining with freetalk
credited to vonage account.
They will charge you the delivery cost of 8.99 but this will be
credited back to your card within five days .

Yes, but why not just send the box out free instead of messing about with
credits and debits! The contract has no provision for assignment. Freetalk
are failing in their contractual requirements to provide service; very
simple.

Old August 31st 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

pretended :

wrote:

I am not happy about this. I have just bought the Freetalk adaptor on 17
Aug
2006 (13 days ago).
Having made some enquiries just now anyone on the 12 month service
will be provided free of charge a vonage ata and existing number will
be ported to vonage and amount of service remaining with freetalk
credited to vonage account.
They will charge you the delivery cost of 8.99 but this will be
credited back to your card within five days .

Yes, but why not just send the box out free instead of messing about with
credits and debits!

It is the way Vonage do business they are not the only company that
operate this way I took a graphics card back to Scan computers the
other day and bought something else while there and they gave me a
full refund for the card and asked for the credit card to pay for the
other items.
The contract has no provision for assignment. Freetalk
are failing in their contractual requirements to provide service; very
simple.

And suppose they had disappeared without trace like quite a few firms
have done in recent times at least FT have made provision to maintain
your service with another provider and made sure anyone with a 12
month package won't loose anything. I personally do not think it right
that if you have six months to go or whatever and you do not want to
stay with Vonage at the end they are going to charge you 23
something or other you should just be able to walk away .

According to this you can just cancel your Freetalk and get a refund.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08..._bye_freetalk/

Old September 1st 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

A, wot's the point of cancelling if you can continue your freetalk
service at the same price with a better adapter and moer features?! I
don't get all the negative vibes here! I've tried both (Vonage and
Freetalk) and theyre basically the same deal. Key for me is that I
can move my Freetalk phone number to Vonage - good news as I've given
out that number to a lot of people and I use it on my work cards. what
else are you going to do - move back to BT?! Pay Skpye for a number
for your USB phone?! Dan
:sman
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old September 1st 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Dan Dare pretended :
A, wot's the point of cancelling if you can continue your freetalk
service at the same price with a better adapter and moer features?! I
don't get all the negative vibes here! I've tried both (Vonage and
Freetalk) and theyre basically the same deal. Key for me is that I
can move my Freetalk phone number to Vonage - good news as I've given
out that number to a lot of people and I use it on my work cards. what
else are you going to do - move back to BT?! Pay Skpye for a number
for your USB phone?! Dan
sman

---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com

I think the main point is that when you want to leave Vonage they will
charge you 23.99.