euro1net fiasco

Old August 30th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default euro1net fiasco

I realise as a euro1net customer, who has unfortunatly paid 2 years in
advance, that according to euro1net we will be told about refunds etc
on or about the 31st - my hope is that they simply pay the outstanding
bills and switch us back on again - is this technically possible??

I paid by debit card and have some protection under the visa rules, see
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ch/4260806.stm

If you paid by credit card you should have some protection under the
consumer credit act section 75 - equal liability.

I was wondering if this drags on whether we could also claim
compensation as we would be paying for dial up?

If euro1net does not come back on, can anyone recommend a broadband
service, my requirements are very simple, email and newsgroups mainly
and online banking - dont need a superfast service.

I called talktalk but they will only discuss things (am an existing
customer for telephone) after the line is released - however my
neighbour who is also an existing customer is paying a further 10 on
top for his "free broadband" if this was the case would be willing to
move my telephone service as well as broadband.

Old August 30th 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a good, reliable, inexpensive
ISP that doesn't try to tie you up with "home-phone" and VOIP deals on top
of what you really want.
Even BT Broadband are now pushing "packages" with their new home hub.

Waitrose, Zen, Nildram and IDnet seem to be favourites at the moment but
you'll probably find that they're more expensive than Euro1net was.

Personally, I don't think you'll be getting much - if anything - back from
Euro1net. They had the plug pulled on them by BT for allegedly not paying
their bills.
They are making posturing noises about suing BT but I can't see them doing
it.

If they were financially viable, why couldn't they afford to pay BT?

My forecast - Euro1net will go bust, leaving a lot of dissatified
ex-cutomers who won't get any money back.

:-(

George

Old August 30th 06, 05:56 PM
jannerboy's Avatar
jannerboy jannerboy is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Weston
ups.com...
I realise as a euro1net customer, who has unfortunatly paid 2 years in
advance, that according to euro1net we will be told about refunds etc
on or about the 31st - my hope is that they simply pay the outstanding
bills and switch us back on again - is this technically possible??

I called talktalk but they will only discuss things (am an existing
customer for telephone) after the line is released - however my
neighbour who is also an existing customer is paying a further 10 on
top for his "free broadband" if this was the case would be willing to
move my telephone service as well as broadband.

Waitrose, Zen, Nildram and IDnet seem to be favourites at the moment but
you'll probably find that they're more expensive than Euro1net was.

If they were financially viable, why couldn't they afford to pay BT?

George
the T-T package looks very good value indeed (even tho you are locked in for 18 months), but can CPW be relied upon to deliver it ?

there's a lively (if not ranting) discussion taking place on the E1N forum over at adslguide.
several dis-enfranchised users have signed up for the AOL silver at the (special) price of 9.99 pm
others have gone for the NEWNET home 5 deal at 15.99 pm.
these might be worth checking out

for all we know, E1N might be financially viable, yet still have cash flow problems.
this is always a major headache for (mainly small) companies who try and expand too rapidly
Old August 30th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
I realise as a euro1net customer, who has unfortunatly paid 2 years in
advance, that according to euro1net we will be told about refunds etc
on or about the 31st - my hope is that they simply pay the outstanding
bills and switch us back on again - is this technically possible??

I don't think so. As far as I know the BT switch off is permanent for
affected customers.

I called talktalk but they will only discuss things (am an existing
customer for telephone) after the line is released - however my
neighbour who is also an existing customer is paying a further 10 on
top for his "free broadband" if this was the case would be willing to
move my telephone service as well as broadband.

Avoid Talktalk like the black plague. www.adslguide.org for consumer
recommendations.

Old August 30th 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 30 Aug 2006 04:25:45 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

BT may be more expensive than most others but at least they are
reliable (most of the time) and they are not going to go tits up any
time soon

jim
Old August 30th 06, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Roger" wrote in message
o.uk...
If I signup to a new ISP before E1N officially terminate my agreement (24
months), won't I be jeopardising my entitlement to a refund.

Rgds
Roger

As long as you shop around, not only will you be entitled to a refund, but
the difference in price.

OTOH they are allegedly bust so don't count on getting any money.