Voipcheap calls no longer free

Old August 30th 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Voipcheap calls no longer free

Just noticed today, when ringing a landline number the calls from my
Voipcheap service are now being charged at 1p/min, the call rates on the
voipcheap website have also been ammended to show the new call rates, looks
like the 120 day limit on the credit has gone now as well as the free calls.
oh well that was good while it lasted i suppose.

Old August 30th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mr_J wrote:
Just noticed today, when ringing a landline number the calls from my
Voipcheap service are now being charged at 1p/min, the call rates on the
voipcheap website have also been ammended to show the new call rates, looks
like the 120 day limit on the credit has gone now as well as the free calls.
oh well that was good while it lasted i suppose.

Good to know. I wouldn't have noticed until my credit was gone. I see
voipdiscount is still free to landlines. Probably for not much longer I
guess.
Old August 30th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Mr_J" wrote in message
. uk...
Just noticed today, when ringing a landline number the calls from my
Voipcheap service are now being charged at 1p/min, the call rates on the
voipcheap website have also been ammended to show the new call rates,

looks
like the 120 day limit on the credit has gone now as well as the free

calls.
oh well that was good while it lasted i suppose.

You mean voipcheap.co.uk. It's still free on voipcheap.com. I am with
voipstunt and I love it. Let's hope Betamax is not going to close the "net"
they have been building so far.

Old August 30th 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Turandot" wrote in message
news

You mean voipcheap.co.uk. It's still free on voipcheap.com. I am with
voipstunt and I love it. Let's hope Betamax is not going to close the

"net"
they have been building so far.

Yep, i did mean voipcheap.co.uk, like you say i wonder if the other Betamax
companies will follow suit?.

Old August 30th 06, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mr_J wrote:
"Turandot" wrote in message
news

You mean voipcheap.co.uk. It's still free on voipcheap.com. I am with
voipstunt and I love it. Let's hope Betamax is not going to close the

"net"
they have been building so far.

Yep, i did mean voipcheap.co.uk, like you say i wonder if the other Betamax
companies will follow suit?.

Look again. They didn't change the main page but click the "Check all
other rates here" for a nasty surprise.
Old August 30th 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Stu:
Mr_J wrote:
"Turandot" wrote in message
news

You mean voipcheap.co.uk. It's still free on voipcheap.com. I am
with voipstunt and I love it. Let's hope Betamax is not going to
close the "net" they have been building so far.

Yep, i did mean voipcheap.co.uk, like you say i wonder if the other
Betamax companies will follow suit?.

Look again. They didn't change the main page but click the "Check all
other rates here" for a nasty surprise.

I'm still getting free calls with VoIP Stunt (at the moment).

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 30th 06, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Stu" wrote in message ...
Mr_J wrote:
"Turandot" wrote in message
news

You mean voipcheap.co.uk. It's still free on voipcheap.com. I am with
voipstunt and I love it. Let's hope Betamax is not going to close the

"net"
they have been building so far.

Yep, i did mean voipcheap.co.uk, like you say i wonder if the other

Betamax
companies will follow suit?.

Look again. They didn't change the main page but click the "Check all
other rates here" for a nasty surprise.

When I used voipstunt the first time, the softphone showed me the call was
charged @1p/min but the final bill showed free. Betamax is the best provider
for me. Vonage seems to forget that we, the active customers, are also their
"assets".

Old August 30th 06, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Stu:
Mr_J wrote:
"Turandot" wrote in message
news
You mean voipcheap.co.uk. It's still free on voipcheap.com. I am
with voipstunt and I love it. Let's hope Betamax is not going to
close the "net" they have been building so far.

Yep, i did mean voipcheap.co.uk, like you say i wonder if the other
Betamax companies will follow suit?.

Look again. They didn't change the main page but click the "Check all
other rates here" for a nasty surprise.

I'm still getting free calls with VoIP Stunt (at the moment).

Hmmm, I'm a voipstunter like you Welcome. On the voipstunt rates page
the UK is now at 1cent/min, though the home page box still shows UK as
FREE.

However, I just made a test call and it hasn't been charged.
2006-08-30 16:02:02 +441223XXXXXX 00:00:21 FREE!

Maybe they're in the process of updating everything and they've only
done the rates pages so far?

Old August 30th 06, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Mr_J" wrote in message
. uk...
Just noticed today, when ringing a landline number the calls from my
Voipcheap service are now being charged at 1p/min, the call rates on the
voipcheap website have also been ammended to show the new call rates,
looks
like the 120 day limit on the credit has gone now as well as the free
calls.
oh well that was good while it lasted i suppose.

I think you will find that the calls are still free if you don't exceed the
300 min/week limit.

Look at the footnote on the rates page:-
* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days.
Unused free minutes cannot be taken to the following week(s). If limit is
exceeded, a minimal rate will be charged (as advertised on our rates page).
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old August 30th 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Graham" wrote in message ...

Look at the footnote on the rates page:-
* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days.
Unused free minutes cannot be taken to the following week(s). If limit is
exceeded, a minimal rate will be charged (as advertised on our rates

page).
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Nope, i'm no where near the 300 minute allowance and i'm being charged, on
the rates page it does now show as 1p/min to UK landlines, i'm just guessing
they haven't quite updated the site yet.