Demon's Customer Service - Lack of

Old August 31st 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Demon's Customer Service - Lack of

Demon is rapidly becoming my less than favourite broadband supplier,
and I'm not even connected yet.

I recently emailed requesting information about
what kind of WiFi router they recommended. I was then told to call 0845
262 0040. This no. was u/s.

I then went to their website and found the no. for 'Technical Support -
Broadband' as 0845 272 0040. This connected but after choosing this
menu option and that menu option I was forwarded to a call centre in
India. I was then told that I had called the wrong number for support
for a residential broadband package. And the girl had to repeat
everything she said due to a heavy accent I couldn't understand. Doh!!!

Then the girl said that all the nos. on the web site were wrong anyway
and that I should call an 0871... no. (which wasn't on the website).

Then I tried calling 0845 272 0040 again but without choosing any menu
options. By default I was transferred again to the call centre in
India, and again I was told I had called the wrong no. for Technical
Support for Broadband. Doh again!! Also the guy hadn't got a clue what
hardware I was getting in the package, he couldn't even find my account
details, and had even less of a clue as to which WiFi router I could
use. And this was supposed to be Technical Support???!!!!!

Now I am a brand new customer of Demon and am rapidy getting concerned
that buying into one of its broadband packages was not such a good idea
afterall - and as I said I've not even gotten connected up yet.

Before the cooling off period ends I am SERIOUSLY considering
cancelling my contract.

The hardware package also seems to be floating in the ether because it
has not yet been delivered by courier. Apparently it was sent out on
August 26; today is the 31'st. But what usually happens is that
couriers delivery to our block of flats make an attempt, fail to leave
a notification card, and then the items disappear for good. It has
happened so many times - this could be yet another case.

It seems that like most internet service providers Demon is quite happy
to take customers' money but then makes it almost impossible for
customers, especially new ones, to actually get any help.

Goodness knows what aggravation will be caused when I start using the
'service.'

CJB.

Old August 31st 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"CJB" wrote:

Demon is rapidly becoming my less than favourite broadband supplier,
and I'm not even connected yet.

snip

I then went to their website and found the no. for 'Technical Support -
Broadband' as 0845 272 0040. This connected but after choosing this
menu option and that menu option I was forwarded to a call centre in
India. I was then told that I had called the wrong number for support
for a residential broadband package. And the girl had to repeat
everything she said due to a heavy accent I couldn't understand. Doh!!!

India call centre - bad news. Usually a cost cutting exercise resulting in
increasingly poor service IME

Then the girl said that all the nos. on the web site were wrong anyway
and that I should call an 0871... no. (which wasn't on the website).

0871 - high cost premium number

Now I am a brand new customer of Demon and am rapidy getting concerned
that buying into one of its broadband packages was not such a good idea
afterall - and as I said I've not even gotten connected up yet.

Before the cooling off period ends I am SERIOUSLY considering
cancelling my contract.

Judging by your experience so far I'd be very worried. What happens if you get a real
problem later? A runaround in India or an expensive call to a premium rate number by
the looks of things

Try asking in uk.telecom.broadband for peoples' views on Demon and other providers.
I'm using Zen Internet here - slightly more expensive but first rate support and
customers services with phones answered quickly by clued up people, in England.

I'd be inclined to use the cooling of period and jump ship before it sails, but its
certainly worth sounding out uk.telecom.broadband first though.

--

Andrew Sayers
Old September 2nd 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"CJB" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I think they are living on past glories. After a similar experince sorting
out a USB modem for a friend. I would try Zen or Eclipse or one of the other
suppliers that have UK support. Mind you with Eclipse the west country
accent can be an issue... And they have now gone from a regional number to
an 0845 so perhasp a move to India is under way.... :-(