pipex start any good

Old August 31st 06, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default pipex start any good

been shopping around and have "almost decided" on pipex start.
any comments on this package?

Old August 31st 06, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
oups.com...
been shopping around and have "almost decided" on pipex start.
any comments on this package?

Read post
Subject: pipex
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 07:17

and make your own mind up

Old August 31st 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hmmm another poor one then.
Have looked at a few to replace my isp euro1net - checked the line this
morning and it looks like the line is clear - nice of euro1net to keep
in touch!!
As I am a very low internet user and high telephone user was looking
for a bundled package.
Am with talk talk and they want a further 10 for "free broadband" but
after reading about talk talk broadband will give them a miss.
Have been emailed about plusnet but they are a bit expensive for me.
Looked at
http://www.biscit.net/biscit_home/pr...eemax_info.php
which is absolutely ideal BUT they are wanting 70 for set up free
cause I can't provide them with a mac code.
There must be loads of broadband/phone package providers out their
ready to pick up the 50,000 or so EX euro1net customers without a mac
code.
any ideas??
Shame about euro1net as I was one of the satisfied customers.

Fatby f the Underwrld wrote:
oups.com...

Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 07:17

and make your own mind up

Old August 31st 06, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

If you got your MAC from plusnet, you might want to try BT?
http://www.bt.com/btbroadband/pps/in...p?vendorid=P05

I'm with them and not problems at all...

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Fatby f the Underwrld wrote:
oups.com...

Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 07:17

and make your own mind up

Old August 31st 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Looked at
http://www.biscit.net/biscit_home/pr...eemax_info.php
which is absolutely ideal BUT they are wanting 70 for set up free
cause I can't provide them with a mac code.

Before signing with Biscit check out the Biscit bbs at ADSLGuide.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...=&Board=biscit

Old August 31st 06, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Piers Finlayson wrote:
Looked at
http://www.biscit.net/biscit_home/pr...eemax_info.php
which is absolutely ideal BUT they are wanting 70 for set up free
cause I can't provide them with a mac code.

Before signing with Biscit check out the Biscit bbs at ADSLGuide.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...=&Board=biscit

Read that thanks. Also BT is out as they are too expensive - mainly
because their new packages include evening and weekends rather than day
time. I use the phone at all times - work shifts so have to use the
phone during the day........ list is getting smaller!!!!!

Old August 31st 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

" wrote:

Piers Finlayson wrote:
Looked at
http://www.biscit.net/biscit_home/pr...eemax_info.php
which is absolutely ideal BUT they are wanting 70 for set up free
cause I can't provide them with a mac code.

Before signing with Biscit check out the Biscit bbs at ADSLGuide.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...=&Board=biscit

Read that thanks. Also BT is out as they are too expensive - mainly
because their new packages include evening and weekends rather than day
time. I use the phone at all times - work shifts so have to use the
phone during the day........ list is getting smaller!!!!!

You can get exactly the same TalkTalk cheap calls offer from
Sainsbury's Home Phone, leaving you to find your own broadband
provider. You will have to pay for broadband, but TalkTalk's
broadband service is so bad that it could only be free - no-one in
their right mind would pay anything for it.

Old August 31st 06, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

" wrote:

BT is out as they are too expensive - mainly because their new packages include
evening and weekends rather than day time. I use the phone at all times - work
shifts so have to use the phone during the day

Well I saw the GM and know there's a reputation to be kept, but perhaps you
could outline (a) what you want from the service and (b) your budget/limit.

I make calls at all times of day using firms like 18185, 18866, 1899 for a
few pence a time, pay BT for line rental, have a TalkTalk account (that
allows other TalkTalk customers to ring me free) and pay my ISP 14.99
a month (which gets me a 'fair use' limit for off-peaj hours and a 20 GB/
month limit for 'peak' hours of 1800-0000). So my outgoings are under
28 pounds a month, but I have a degree of flexibility over what firms I
use to make calls, and could change ISP without suffering a hefty fee
if it was under 12 or 18 months.

Old August 31st 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I've been with them since June 06
Here is what went wrong
Supplied incorrect logon details
Supplied incorrect email address ( this is still and issue, Pipex
acknowledge the problem but seem unable to clear it)
Failed to set up the direct debit correctly. For the last couple of
months I have been getting internet access for free, I was hoping it
would last forever, but yesterday I had a call acknowledging they had
set up the direct debit incorrectly but could I pay them the
outstanding amount. So I did, on condition they sort out the email. The
girl said someone would call this morning, but of course they didn't.

On the plus side, I get connection speeds between 5Mb and 7Mb on the
web, newsgorups seem to be around 1Mb, the line has never gone down.
( I have a 3Com OfficeConnect wireless router with MAC address
filtering and WPA encryption that appears to work flawlessly )

As far as I can tell if customer service of all ISPs is poor. If Pipex
setup your account correctly then contact with customer service should
very rarely arise. But if its set wrong then.....

Does anyone have a contact in Pipex customer service who can actually
sort out their customers problems?
And does anyone know how many customer advisers Pipex actually have?

Mike

Old August 31st 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Mike wrote:
[...]

see
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....76e6254a9fdac4