Sky Broadand Router access

Old August 31st 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Sky Broadand Router access

Just got hold of a sky broadband router, it seems to be a customised netgear
dg834. I cant find the access username and password on any of the
documentation, it may be sky dont want you fiddling around with the
settings.

The usual generic variations on admin/administrator and password dont seem
to work..

Anyone any ideas?

Gaz

Old August 31st 06, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

DriveTooFast wrote:
admin and sky for username and password

Sod!!! I thought I had tried that!!!

thanks...

Interesting, they have locked out all the adsl settings etc. I assume they
use a generic login for everyone then? Like the BT voyager routers.....

It makes configuration for the less clued up a piece of cake, just plug it,
and it works.....

Gaz

Old August 31st 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Gaz" wrote in message
DriveTooFast wrote:
Interesting, they have locked out all the adsl settings etc. I assume
they
use a generic login for everyone then? Like the BT voyager routers.....

It makes configuration for the less clued up a piece of cake, just plug
it, and it works.....

Gaz

I own the regular netgear and its all the same, except missing adsl settings
options.

Gaz

Old August 31st 06, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

DriveTooFast wrote:
Mine hasn't got it locked out. Strange.

What form does your Sky ADSL username setting take ?

Old August 31st 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

DriveTooFast wrote:
I have just checked again and today it does not have the tab. Last night I
was able to enter a username and password and connect to my current ISP
but
today the tab is missing. How very strange...

You should always take a 'grown up' when you pick your wild mushrooms......

Gaz

Old August 31st 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

DriveTooFast wrote:
I have just checked again and today it does not have the tab. Last night I
was able to enter a username and password and connect to my current ISP but
today the tab is missing. How very strange...

I wonder if the ADSL set up is accessible, only until it successfully
connects with Rupert ?

When you saw the ADSL set up page, was that before it had managed to
connect to Sky ?

Old August 31st 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

LOL

It was definitely there because I managed to connect to Zen with it
yesterday but gone today. Oh well, not a major problem.