Tiscali Vs Demon

Old August 31st 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Tiscali Vs Demon

Which broadband should i opt for? My BT line is with Warrington
Exchange and various test suggests i can get 5 MB broadband.

The plans i'm interested
Tiscali - 8Mbps - 17.99£ per month 12 month contract, pay for full
period if contract broken
Demon - 8Mbps - 19.99£ per month 12 month contract, Just pay for 1
month notice period in case contract broken.

Can any one give me comparision (based on their experience) for Tiscali
and Demon?

Any other ISP suggestions are welcome if any.

Regards,

Rajesh Purohit

Old August 31st 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Rajesh P wrote:

Which broadband should i opt for? My BT line is with Warrington
Exchange and various test suggests i can get 5 MB broadband.

The plans i'm interested
Tiscali - 8Mbps - 17.99£ per month 12 month contract, pay for full
period if contract broken
Demon - 8Mbps - 19.99£ per month 12 month contract, Just pay for 1
month notice period in case contract broken.

Any download limit ( and then pay extra ) ?

Graham

Old August 31st 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Rajesh P" wrote:

The plans i'm interested
Tiscali - 8Mbps - 17.99£ per month 12 month contract, pay for full
period if contract broken
Demon - 8Mbps - 19.99£ per month 12 month contract, Just pay for 1
month notice period in case contract broken.

Can any one give me comparision (based on their experience) for Tiscali
and Demon?

Any other ISP suggestions are welcome if any.

I'd expect there to be the activation fee chargeable somewhere in the small
print (BT Wholesale charges the ISP 40 +VAT for setting up the line, which
is either charged "up front" by some ISPs, such as Zen, or "absorbed" into
the fees, for (usually 12 months) and if a user cancels, then an ISP would
usually want that fee to be paid - some charge 50 pounds plus - there may
be a long period before the activation is written off (Plusnet) or penalty
on top (V.21 charges 30 pounds when a user cancels).

I'm using Eclipse on their 14.99/month account (first 3 months are 9.99)
but if you have low traffic demands (2 GB is adequate for large numbers
of people, unless you have teenagers and/or expect to be swapping lots
of files) then there's a 60 pounds deal (for first year) from NamesCo/NDO
www.ndo.com/adsl.html NB "limited time offer" (on at time I type this!!)

The NamesCo/NDO deal also includes supply of a 1-port router for user.

Old August 31st 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 31 Aug 2006 09:58:21 -0700, "Rajesh P"
wrote:

Can any one give me comparision (based on their experience) for Tiscali
and Demon?

I have use Demon since 1993 and have never had any significant
problems with them. My next door neighbour and me started on LineOne
which was taken over by Tiscali. We had lots of trouble at first but
it seems to be sorted now.

http://www.easynn.com
Old August 31st 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Rajesh P" wrote in message
oups.com...
Which broadband should i opt for? My BT line is with Warrington
Exchange and various test suggests i can get 5 MB broadband.

The plans i'm interested
Tiscali - 8Mbps - 17.99£ per month 12 month contract, pay for full
period if contract broken
Demon - 8Mbps - 19.99£ per month 12 month contract, Just pay for 1
month notice period in case contract broken.

Can any one give me comparision (based on their experience) for Tiscali
and Demon?

Any other ISP suggestions are welcome if any.

Regards,

Rajesh Purohit

Would not go anywhere near Tiscali again !!!! I understand Demon is not a
lot better.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old August 31st 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Rajesh P wrote:
Which broadband should i opt for? My BT line is with Warrington
Exchange and various test suggests i can get 5 MB broadband.

The plans i'm interested
Tiscali

forget it. Don't touch Tiscali. Rubbish.

Demon - 8Mbps - 19.99£ per month 12 month contract, Just pay for 1
month notice period in case contract broken.

I don't believe the "just pay 1 month" bit as it wouldn't be a 12 month
contract if that were the case.....

"11.3 Either party may end this Agreement after the Initial Period by
giving the other party not less than thirty (30) days prior written
notice, such notice not to expire before the end of the Initial Period.
Other than in accordance with Clauses 3.2, 3.7, 6.5, 11.2, 12.1, 13.8
and 20.2 if you wish to end this Agreement before the end of the
Initial Period, the Company shall be entitled to invoice you in
relation to the Charges which would have been payable by you for the
balance of the Initial Period. If you move from your Premises, the
Company shall be entitled to invoice you for the Charges which would
have been payable by you for the balance of the Initial Period at the
Premises. If you wish to receive the Service at a new location, you are
required to start a new contract for Service at your new premises."

the "Initial Period" is 12 months.

Phil

Old August 31st 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:28:02 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Rajesh P wrote:

Which broadband should i opt for? My BT line is with Warrington
Exchange and various test suggests i can get 5 MB broadband.

The plans i'm interested
Tiscali - 8Mbps - 17.99£ per month 12 month contract, pay for full
period if contract broken
Demon - 8Mbps - 19.99£ per month 12 month contract, Just pay for 1
month notice period in case contract broken.

Any download limit ( and then pay extra ) ?

Not with Demon. I don't know about Tiscali.

http://www.easynn.com
Old August 31st 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Been with Demon for 10+ years. Initially as dial-up now BB. Demon have
just upgraded me, foc and no new contact, to 7.5Megs. The tests claimed
5Megs as max.

The only thing I would say about their 19.99 package is that it is a
dynamic IP address and does not have a news group feed. I use the 24.99
package and get both and am very pleased. But all packages are
unlimited, although there is a 'fair usage' policy. But read what it is
and see if you can really break it!

Regards

Simon

Old August 31st 06, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Rajesh P" wrote:

Can any one give me comparision (based on their experience) for Tiscali
and Demon?

Tiscali are hopeless. In my experience they are worse than useless
when a problem occurs.

Old August 31st 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Simon Smith wrote:
Been with Demon for 10+ years. Initially as dial-up now BB. Demon
have
just upgraded me, foc and no new contact, to 7.5Megs. The tests
claimed 5Megs as max.

The only thing I would say about their 19.99 package is that it is a
dynamic IP address and does not have a news group feed. I use the
24.99 package and get both and am very pleased. But all packages are
unlimited, although there is a 'fair usage' policy. But read what it
is and see if you can really break it!

That could depend on whether they count all traffic or just the
downstream traffic on your connection. Unfortunately my ISP includes
all traffic but I just schedule most heavy traffic outside their Peak
period so it doesn't get counted