ADSL radio interference

Old August 31st 06, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

Default ADSL radio interference

I'm thinking of getting adsl (up to 8 Mb/s).
Will it cause much rfi to be radiated from the
phone line into the house? Will MW and HF receiving
be greatly affected? Just how much rf power is
sent down the BT line?

tnx.
Old August 31st 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

new wrote:
I'm thinking of getting adsl (up to 8 Mb/s).
Will it cause much rfi to be radiated from the
phone line into the house? Will MW and HF receiving
be greatly affected? Just how much rf power is
sent down the BT line?

It is more the other way around with your other equipment overloading
the ADSL signal or breaking thru on your chosen ADSL equipment but
that will depend on what frequencies & what power you are planning to
use...

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at or
around 612Mhz but that is all..

HTH

B-)

Old August 31st 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

"kráftéé" wrote:

new wrote:
I'm thinking of getting adsl (up to 8 Mb/s).
Will it cause much rfi to be radiated from the
phone line into the house? Will MW and HF receiving
be greatly affected? Just how much rf power is
sent down the BT line?

It is more the other way around with your other equipment overloading
the ADSL signal or breaking thru on your chosen ADSL equipment but
that will depend on what frequencies & what power you are planning to
use...

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at or
around 612Mhz but that is all..

612 kHz surely ? Presumably a typo ?

Graham

Old August 31st 06, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

kráftéé wrote:
new wrote:
I'm thinking of getting adsl (up to 8 Mb/s).
Will it cause much rfi to be radiated from the
phone line into the house? Will MW and HF receiving
be greatly affected? Just how much rf power is
sent down the BT line?

It is more the other way around with your other equipment overloading
the ADSL signal or breaking thru on your chosen ADSL equipment but
that will depend on what frequencies & what power you are planning to
use...

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at or
around 612Mhz but that is all..

Ahem Khz?

Peter Crosland

Old August 31st 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:57:35 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

"kráftéé" wrote:

new wrote:
I'm thinking of getting adsl (up to 8 Mb/s). Will it cause much rfi to
be radiated from the phone line into the house? Will MW and HF
receiving be greatly affected? Just how much rf power is sent down the
BT line?

It is more the other way around with your other equipment overloading
the ADSL signal or breaking thru on your chosen ADSL equipment but that
will depend on what frequencies & what power you are planning to use...

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at or
around 612Mhz but that is all..

612 kHz surely ? Presumably a typo ?

Possibly. I'm already getting some rfi on MW at about 500 - 600KHz and I
don't have adsl yet!!!!!

Old August 31st 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

Eeyore wrote:
"kráftéé" wrote:

new wrote:
I'm thinking of getting adsl (up to 8 Mb/s).
Will it cause much rfi to be radiated from the
phone line into the house? Will MW and HF receiving
be greatly affected? Just how much rf power is
sent down the BT line?

It is more the other way around with your other equipment
overloading
the ADSL signal or breaking thru on your chosen ADSL equipment but
that will depend on what frequencies & what power you are planning
use...

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at
or
around 612Mhz but that is all..

612 kHz surely ? Presumably a typo ?

Was told by the Broadband SFI dept to monitor 612 on the AM waveband,
sorry if I put the incorrect label on it (yes I know it makes a vast
difference & now I sit down & think about it it can't be Mhz as that
would be above the 70cms Amatuer band), so sorry & thanks Graham for
making me sit down & think it thru instead of just posting what I
hadn't thought thru properly (it's the drugs I tell you, all
prescription off course officer)

Old August 31st 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

"kráftéé" wrote:

new wrote:
I'm thinking of getting adsl (up to 8 Mb/s). Will it cause much
rfi to be radiated from the phone line into the house? Will MW
and
HF receiving be greatly affected? Just how much rf power is sent
down the BT line?

It is more the other way around with your other equipment
overloading the ADSL signal or breaking thru on your chosen ADSL
equipment but that will depend on what frequencies & what power
you
are planning to use...

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at
or around 612Mhz but that is all..

612 kHz surely ? Presumably a typo ?

Possibly. I'm already getting some rfi on MW at about 500 - 600KHz
and I don't have adsl yet!!!!!

If it's a soft wideband mush then it'll probably will be caused by a
neighbours ADSL signal, spot frequency is 612 so if it's a little
transistor radio it could affect it that much. Not fed overhead by
any chance, are you?

Old August 31st 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

Peter Crosland wrote:
kráftéé wrote:
new wrote:
I'm thinking of getting adsl (up to 8 Mb/s).
Will it cause much rfi to be radiated from the
phone line into the house? Will MW and HF receiving
be greatly affected? Just how much rf power is
sent down the BT line?

It is more the other way around with your other equipment
overloading
the ADSL signal or breaking thru on your chosen ADSL equipment but
that will depend on what frequencies & what power you are planning
use...

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at
or
around 612Mhz but that is all..

Ahem Khz?

Alright make me grovel Peter, I've already appologised what more do
you want me to do, chew broken glass, walk thru the fires of hell or
what ;-)

Old August 31st 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

Walt Davidson wrote:
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:09:40 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at
or around 612Mhz but that is all..

Ahem Khz?

Peter Crosland

Ahem, I think you mean kHz.

73 de G3NYY

Now don't you start on me Walt..

Old August 31st 06, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.radio.amateur

With MW/AM equipment you may be able to hear a mush type signal at
or
around 612Mhz but that is all..

Ahem Khz?

Alright make me grovel Peter, I've already appologised what more do
you want me to do, chew broken glass, walk thru the fires of hell or
what ;-)

Sorry I could not resist it. There but for the grace etc. go I!

Peter Crosland