Euro1net email

Old August 31st 06, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Euro1net email

Euro1net Email:

Important Customer Update:

Dear Customers,

Further to meetings and discussions both yesterday and today, Euro1Net are
continuing to look at reconnecting all affected users, whose username ends
@euro1net.com as soon as possible.

We will update all users again tomorrow via our network status page and to
this email address with further information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, but assure you that we are working hard
as possible to resolve this all as quickly for all parties concerned with
more positive news.

Kind regards

Euro1Net
Customer Services

I've signed up for Tiscali BB, as I can only see this lot of shysters
spinning everyone along. I will be sending off details to my CC company for
a refund.

Hugh

Old August 31st 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hugh Pearce wrote:
[...]

Oh dear, out of the frying pan into the fire.......

If you don't know what I mean then do a search on past postings about
Tiscali & the you'll understand.

Old September 1st 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Hugh Pearce" wrote in
message reenews.net...
snip

I've signed up for Tiscali BB, as I can only see this lot of shysters

OMG you did what? I suggest you look on any ADSL forum and check the
ratings.
here is a clue to start you off
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/com...action=Compare
If you do no research you will end up stuck with another useless ISP and
tied into a 12 month - 18 month contract.
good luck

Old September 2nd 06, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In message , Keymaster
writes

"Hugh Pearce" wrote in
message reenews.net...
snip

I've signed up for Tiscali BB, as I can only see this lot of shysters

OMG you did what? I suggest you look on any ADSL forum and check the
ratings.
here is a clue to start you off
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/com...nnect=ON&newne
t=ON&tiscali=ON&vispa=ON&zen=ON&cmp_action=Compar e
If you do no research you will end up stuck with another useless ISP and
tied into a 12 month - 18 month contract.
good luck

I've always held the view that if an ISP need a 12 month contract, then
they know full well that their service is so bad that you will want to
move on well before the 12 month point.
--
Tony Morgan
Old September 2nd 06, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tony Morgan wrote:

I've always held the view that if an ISP need a 12 month contract, then
they know full well that their service is so bad that you will want to
move on well before the 12 month point.

There are others which claim no 12 month contract but have a "penalty
clause" to recover the activation costs from the customer. It's a case
of six of one, half a dozen of the other, IMO. It wasn't that long ago
someone was making a noise about Zen wanting the activation fee +
the first month's service fee all in one go (ie about 70 pounds), and
feeling that was "wrong" or "poor" or something.

If a user pays the full activation fee then fine, a 12 month contract is
perhaps unwarranted, but for many ISPs the offer of a free connection
is part of the deal, and the customer being locked into a 12 month contract
not unusual because that way the ISP can recover their outlay. Is that too
much to ask? I think it has nothing to do with them having bad service, it
is just plain accountancy / common sense. (Yes, I know of an exception,
but you will find about 50% of ISPs have a 12 month minimum and they
are hardly likely to all have set a 12 month minimum for the reason you
state, at least, not in my view. YMMV, but I think it is a slur on the
many ISPs out there, and unproven, too.)
Old September 2nd 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In message
,
NoNeedToKnow writes
Yes, I know of an exception,
but you will find about 50% of ISPs have a 12 month minimum

I can't help but wonder where you get your 50% from. I'd suggest that
you have a look through ADSLGuide to see just how many DO require a 12
month contract.

--
Tony Morgan
Old September 2nd 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tony Morgan wrote:

I can't help but wonder where you get your 50% from.

When a query about the Zen setup costs came up, someone looked at the list
of ISPs on either net4now.com or ispreview.co.uk and that apparently showed
around 50% had 12 month contracts. Of course some may have been resellers
and it appears adslguide.org excludes many such ISPs, so perhaps the 50% is
not as representative overall (though without knowing how many customers
use resellers it isn't clear what proportion of customers happily accept a
12 month contract). Either way, I don't believe the majority can be
tarred as being providers of poor service in the way you implied,
just because they require a 12 month contract.
Old September 2nd 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
Tony Morgan wrote:

I can't help but wonder where you get your 50% from.

When a query about the Zen setup costs came up, someone looked at the list
of ISPs on either net4now.com or ispreview.co.uk and that apparently
showed
around 50% had 12 month contracts. Of course some may have been resellers
and it appears adslguide.org excludes many such ISPs, so perhaps the 50%
is
not as representative overall (though without knowing how many customers
use resellers it isn't clear what proportion of customers happily accept a
12 month contract). Either way, I don't believe the majority can be
tarred as being providers of poor service in the way you implied,
just because they require a 12 month contract.

Hi
no activation fee for a mac code migration - but Newnet offering activation
for £30.
cheers
Roy

Old September 2nd 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In message
,
NoNeedToKnow writes
Tony Morgan wrote:

I can't help but wonder where you get your 50% from.

When a query about the Zen setup costs came up, someone looked at the list
of ISPs on either net4now.com or ispreview.co.uk and that apparently showed
around 50% had 12 month contracts. Of course some may have been resellers
and it appears adslguide.org excludes many such ISPs, so perhaps the 50% is
not as representative overall (though without knowing how many customers
use resellers it isn't clear what proportion of customers happily accept a
12 month contract). Either way, I don't believe the majority can be
tarred as being providers of poor service in the way you implied,
just because they require a 12 month contract.

The figure of 50% was realistic two or three years ago. Since then most
ISPs realised that the 12 month contract was unenforceable when the
subscriber was moving because of poor service (why else should he
move?). And because of the information in the public domain at
ADSLGuide, it was relatively straightforward to establish that the
service being received was sub-standard. I have a friend who
successfully terminated his 12 month contract like this. He printed out
the ADSLGuide "comparison", added several sheets from the Pipex Xtreme
newsgroup (where everyone was griping about the service), and sent the
lot to the MD by recorded delivery with a covering letter stating that
if Pipex pursued the matter, he would seek the recovery of all costs
incurred in defending the issue at law.

By return of post he had a letter of apology, together with an assurance
that Pipex was releasing him from his contract without penalty.

It's also worth observing that a proportion of ISPs who *used* to have a
12 month contract also offered a monthly wires-only service.
--
Tony Morgan
Old September 6th 06, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Gone and totally forgotten.