Trixbox - no incoming audio with Voiptalk

Old September 1st 06, 08:34 AM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

Default Trixbox - no incoming audio with Voiptalk

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've set up 3 trunks - Voiptalk, Voipfone
and Sipgate. With Voipfone and Sipgate I get 2 way audio but with Voiptalk
the other party can hear me but I can't hear them.

Voiptalk CS won't support trixbox at the moment, although they helpfully
sent me a config that another customer had used successfully. If the problem
was across all Carriers I'd suspect a NAT or port forwarding issue but with
just one I'm scratching my head a bit.

TIA

Liam

Old September 1st 06, 10:04 AM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

Telephoneman wrote:
Can anyone shed any light on this? I've set up 3 trunks - Voiptalk, Voipfone
and Sipgate. With Voipfone and Sipgate I get 2 way audio but with Voiptalk
the other party can hear me but I can't hear them.

Voiptalk CS won't support trixbox at the moment, although they helpfully
sent me a config that another customer had used successfully. If the problem
was across all Carriers I'd suspect a NAT or port forwarding issue but with
just one I'm scratching my head a bit.

Are you using SIP on Sipgate & Voipfone but IAX with Voiptalk?

If so, IAX requires a different (single) port to operate.
Have you forwarded TCP / UDP or both?

Looking at their site it appears they support Asterisk, tell them your
using Asterisk and get them to tell you what should be in the *.conf
files and what ports should be set. Make a note, then add it to the
freepbx interface later (will overight *.conf files).

Let us know how you get on.
Old September 1st 06, 11:38 AM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

Telephoneman wrote:
Can anyone shed any light on this? I've set up 3 trunks - Voiptalk, Voipfone
and Sipgate. With Voipfone and Sipgate I get 2 way audio but with Voiptalk
the other party can hear me but I can't hear them.

Voiptalk CS won't support trixbox at the moment, although they helpfully
sent me a config that another customer had used successfully. If the problem
was across all Carriers I'd suspect a NAT or port forwarding issue but with
just one I'm scratching my head a bit.

Calling Jono, What did you do to get Voiptalk working?

Liam's tried my settings which work fine here, but gets this one-way
audio issue.

Funnily, I tried my settings from my normal Trixbox in my experimental
Vmware version, and I'm getting this same issue......

Old September 1st 06, 11:52 AM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

paul123 wrote:
Telephoneman wrote:
Can anyone shed any light on this? I've set up 3 trunks - Voiptalk, Voipfone
and Sipgate. With Voipfone and Sipgate I get 2 way audio but with Voiptalk
the other party can hear me but I can't hear them.

Voiptalk CS won't support trixbox at the moment, although they helpfully
sent me a config that another customer had used successfully. If the problem
was across all Carriers I'd suspect a NAT or port forwarding issue but with
just one I'm scratching my head a bit.

Calling Jono, What did you do to get Voiptalk working?

Liam's tried my settings which work fine here, but gets this one-way
audio issue.

Funnily, I tried my settings from my normal Trixbox in my experimental
Vmware version, and I'm getting this same issue......

Sorry to answer my own post, but it now works on the vmware version
too.

In config edit-sip_nat.conf I had to add:

externip=myfixedIP (not my dyndnsname)
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 (this would be the same on your
716g)

Calls in and out are working fine

Old September 1st 06, 12:54 PM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

"paul123" wrote in message
ups.com...

paul123 wrote:
Telephoneman wrote:
[...]

Hi Paul,

I had the above in sip.conf under [general] but with the dyndns name. I
removed it and put it in sip_nat.conf with the IP address. Still no joy.
Re-booted linux/asterisk and made 1 call on Voiptalk - still one-way audio
but subsequent attempts to call on this trunk get the asterisk lady telling
me it's busy...

I'm going out to buy some Strowger switches...

Liam

Old September 1st 06, 06:40 PM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

on 01/09/2006, paul123 supposed :
Calling Jono, What did you do to get Voiptalk working?

Alas, nothing. It's not a provider I use.

Old September 1st 06, 10:26 PM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
on 01/09/2006, paul123 supposed :
Calling Jono, What did you do to get Voiptalk working?

Alas, nothing. It's not a provider I use.

Aha, never mind, it's just that I had assumed you'd got it working -
voiptalk had come up in an earlier thread (about the free signup for a
geo number), where you'd had some probs.

Not to worry, we'll get there in the end.

Old September 1st 06, 11:08 PM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

paul123 laid this down on his screen :
Jono wrote:
on 01/09/2006, paul123 supposed :
Calling Jono, What did you do to get Voiptalk working?

Alas, nothing. It's not a provider I use.

Aha, never mind, it's just that I had assumed you'd got it working -
voiptalk had come up in an earlier thread (about the free signup for a
geo number), where you'd had some probs.

Not to worry, we'll get there in the end.

Bugger. Yes, I was thinking "voipfone". You're right. Duh!

I had to play around with getting the inbound DID working, I can't say
there was much wrong with the audio, however, here're my trunk
settings:

PEER:
allow=ulaw
authuser=12345678
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
defaultexpirey=160
disallow=all
fromdomain=voiptalk.org
fromuser=12345678
host=voiptalk.org
insecure=very
maxexpirey=180
nat=yes
secret=abcDefg
type=friend
username=12345678

User Context: ext-did

Incoming settings:
allow=ulaw
authuser=12345678
canreinvite=no
context=ext-did
defaultexpirey=160
disallow=all
fromdomain=voiptalk.org
fromuser=12345678
host=voiptalk.org
insecure=very
maxexpirey=180
nat=yes
secret=abcDefg
type=peer
username=12345678

I've also got this in extensions_custom.conf:
[custom-voiptalk]
exten = 12345678,1,Goto(ext-did,12345678,1)

I have also created an inbound route for 12345678.

I think I have a bit more in sip.conf:

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
context = from-trunk
;defaultexpirey = 600 ; include this only if necessary
;maxexpirey = 3600 ; include this only if necessary
progressinband = yes
dtmfmode=auto

callerid = Unknown
externip = my.dyndns.hostname
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
nat=yes

#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_custom.conf
#include sip_additional.conf

Old September 2nd 06, 08:47 AM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
on 01/09/2006, paul123 supposed :
Calling Jono, What did you do to get Voiptalk working?

Alas, nothing. It's not a provider I use.

Aha, never mind, it's just that I had assumed you'd got it working -
voiptalk had come up in an earlier thread (about the free signup for a
geo number), where you'd had some probs.

Not to worry, we'll get there in the end.

Bugger. Yes, I was thinking "voipfone". You're right. Duh!

snip

You're not the only one to mix those two up. Easily done! I was
recently in email contact with someone and I sent them to voipfone
instead of voiptalk. Not surprisingly, they couldn't find what I was
talking about.

Old September 2nd 06, 02:31 PM posted to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:

defaultexpirey=160

Eh?