shared files etc

Old September 1st 06, 02:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default shared files etc

further to my shared files question.

My system was working fine allowing access to shared folders between my
notebook and desktop.

Over the last few months I (and probably you all) have carried out a number
of windoz and Norton updates, some being major security updates. I am now
unable to view shared folders from each comp.

I have checked Norton Firewall settings and confirm both computers are in
each others Trusted zones and all other connection settings, relative to
sharing, have not changed.

Even disabling Norton Firewall (windoz Firewall is not in use) and carrying
out numerous reboots fails to sort this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon and have a fix.

dj

Old September 2nd 06, 10:10 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Lez Pawl" wrote in message
news
further to my shared files question.

My system was working fine allowing access to shared folders between my
notebook and desktop.

Over the last few months I (and probably you all) have carried out a
number of windoz and Norton updates, some being major security updates. I
am now unable to view shared folders from each comp.

I have checked Norton Firewall settings and confirm both computers are in
each others Trusted zones and all other connection settings, relative to
sharing, have not changed.

Even disabling Norton Firewall (windoz Firewall is not in use) and
carrying out numerous reboots fails to sort this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon and have a fix.

dj

OK done it

http://www.pcdoctor-guide.com/wordpress/?p=174

had to set mine to 25 before it would work