Any comment on Gradwell ?

Old September 1st 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Any comment on Gradwell ?

I am looking to equip a small branch office with 3 handsets on direct
dial and a general office number to ring all the phones and have been
looking at Gradwell. This is our first attempt at using VOIP over an
ADSL connection so would appreciate any comments from current or past
users.

TIA

JP
Old September 1st 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

John P laid this down on his screen :
I am looking to equip a small branch office with 3 handsets on direct dial
and a general office number to ring all the phones and have been looking at
Gradwell. This is our first attempt at using VOIP over an ADSL connection so
would appreciate any comments from current or past users.

TIA

JP

I am personally aware of a couple of people who use gradwell without
problem.

The MD is also known to post here.

I have never seen any thread along the lines of "Gradwell down"

Old September 2nd 06, 12:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:17:23 +0100, John P wrote:

I am looking to equip a small branch office with 3 handsets on direct
dial and a general office number to ring all the phones and have been
looking at Gradwell. This is our first attempt at using VOIP over an
ADSL connection so would appreciate any comments from current or past
users.

I've never used Peter's VoIP services. But, from pre-2000 to now, I've
not heard anything bad about any of his services[1] - aside from a few
people who don't like {R} ;-) Quite the contrary, Peter's domain
services where almost universally recommended by Demonites in the
later part of the 20th century ;-)

For VoIP, Gradwell.com's prices are open, detailed and published,
unlike most of the "corporate level" rip-off's. Other than that, my
only recent personal experience is their excellent sales/customer
service when I rang to enquire about technical options on an hardware
* VoIP solution.

[1] Clicknames fell apart a few sales after he sold it to Onyx (IIRC),
but worked very well when he ran it.

- Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
- mailtohttp://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -
Old September 2nd 06, 02:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Jono" wrote
in message
yonder.com.co.uk
John P laid this down on his screen :
I am looking to equip a small branch office with 3
handsets on direct dial and a general office number to
ring all the phones and have been looking at Gradwell.
This is our first attempt at using VOIP over an ADSL
connection so would appreciate any comments from
current or past users. TIA

JP

I am personally aware of a couple of people who use
gradwell without problem.

The MD is also known to post here.

I have never seen any thread along the lines of "Gradwell
down"

I had a couple of minor problems when I first started using them but they
were very quickly resolved.

For business use I would recommend them without hesitation.

Ivor

Old September 2nd 06, 02:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:17:23 +0100, John P wrote:

Gradwell

Any company that employs Richard Ashton {R} should be avoided like the
plague!

Old September 2nd 06, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

John P wrote:
I am looking to equip a small branch office with 3 handsets on direct
dial and a general office number to ring all the phones and have been
looking at Gradwell. This is our first attempt at using VOIP over an
ADSL connection so would appreciate any comments from current or past
users.

I have found their services generally reliable and their support
helpful.

--
Nic
www.entrust-systems.net

Old September 10th 06, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

John P wrote:
I am looking to equip a small branch office with 3 handsets on direct
dial and a general office number to ring all the phones and have been
looking at Gradwell. This is our first attempt at using VOIP over an
ADSL connection so would appreciate any comments from current or past
users.

Excellent service all round. Prompt support by email on the very rare
occasions when it's needed (usually when I've cocked something up at my
end).
Old September 10th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Martin wrote:
John P wrote:
I am looking to equip a small branch office with 3 handsets on direct
dial and a general office number to ring all the phones and have been
looking at Gradwell. This is our first attempt at using VOIP over an
ADSL connection so would appreciate any comments from current or past
users.

Excellent service all round. Prompt support by email on the very rare
occasions when it's needed (usually when I've cocked something up at my
end).

And not to mention that Peter (the MD) has a habit for finding
absolutely great people for support. They answer the silly questions
just as fast and courteously as the non-silly ones.

I started as a web hosting customer of theirs and when I decided to make
the move to VOIP it was obvious (for me) who to go with.