BlueTooth Transfer Rate

Old September 3rd 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default BlueTooth Transfer Rate

I know there are different BlueTooth standards but what is the possible
transfer rates.

I'm using an OBEX client on my Linux system and it is taking for EVER to
transfer a 4MB music file.

Geoff Lane

Old September 3rd 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
news
I know there are different BlueTooth standards but what is the possible
transfer rates.

I'm using an OBEX client on my Linux system and it is taking for EVER to
transfer a 4MB music file.

Geoff Lane

Max that I have ever seen is around 15k average. (smetime much less) It
will take an age to transfer 4MB using bluetooth....

Old September 3rd 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:05:49 +0100, Tony wrote:

I know there are different BlueTooth standards but what is the possible
transfer rates.

Max that I have ever seen is around 15k average. (smetime much less) It
will take an age to transfer 4MB using bluetooth....

Yes, that sounds about right, I suppose one gets so used to BTing small
files but my wife's new phone is an MP3 player as well so I tried sending
a file by BT.

Anyway, it shows up as en extra Hard Drive so transferring via USB is easy.

Thanks for prompt reply.

Geoff Lane