Ex-wanadoo - can now receive but not send in OE

Old September 4th 06, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Ex-wanadoo - can now receive but not send in OE

Two laptops in this household. Previously we were with wanadoo
broadband, also using wanadoo as server for OE, and all OK. Since
changing our broadband provider we can both receive OE email but
neither of us can send - we have to use the old wanadoo pay-as-you-go
dial-up (which is OK). This problem seems to apply whatever broadband
we use - certainly it happens with Sky, Linksys and a couple of others.
Have tried turning off McAfee, no help. Wondering if there's a
left-over from wanadoo fouling us up?

Old September 4th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Rose28 wrote:
Two laptops in this household. Previously we were with wanadoo
broadband, also using wanadoo as server for OE, and all OK. Since
changing our broadband provider we can both receive OE email but
neither of us can send - we have to use the old wanadoo pay-as-you-go
dial-up (which is OK). This problem seems to apply whatever broadband
we use - certainly it happens with Sky, Linksys and a couple of others.
Have tried turning off McAfee, no help. Wondering if there's a
left-over from wanadoo fouling us up?

You need to change the details of your outgoing email server - contact
your new ISP for details.
Old September 4th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi Rose,

If you are now connecting to the Internet via another ISP (not
Wanadoo/Orange) then you most likely will not be able to send e-mails via
their SMTP send mail server.

These settings will be in your Wanadoo acount settings within Outlook
Express.

If you change the SMTP servver settings in your OE Wanadoo account to use
your new ISP's SMTP server then you can use then to send e-mail.

These restrictions are to prevent spam; basically the rule is you must use
your ISP's SMTP server to send e-mail's. You can use any POP server to which
you have authorised access via any Internet connection.

The only exception to this is for ISP's which use authenticated SMTP
connections (e.g. you need to use a user id and password to send as well as
recieve e-mails. They may allow access via another Internet connection (or
they may not).

Kind Regards

Simon

Old September 4th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Rose28" wrote in message
ps.com...
Two laptops in this household. Previously we were with wanadoo
broadband, also using wanadoo as server for OE, and all OK. Since
changing our broadband provider we can both receive OE email but
neither of us can send - we have to use the old wanadoo pay-as-you-go
dial-up (which is OK). This problem seems to apply whatever broadband
we use - certainly it happens with Sky, Linksys and a couple of others.
Have tried turning off McAfee, no help. Wondering if there's a
left-over from wanadoo fouling us up?

Have you setup your outgoing mail server up for your new ISP. If using
Outlook Express it can be found in

Outlook Express
Tools
Accounts
Mail
Properties
Servers
set outgoing mail (SMTP) to correct server (obtainable from your ISP)

You may also need to tick My server requires authentication

Old September 4th 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Rose28 wrote:
Two laptops in this household. Previously we were with wanadoo
broadband, also using wanadoo as server for OE, and all OK. Since
changing our broadband provider we can both receive OE email but
neither of us can send - we have to use the old wanadoo pay-as-you-go
dial-up (which is OK). This problem seems to apply whatever broadband
we use - certainly it happens with Sky, Linksys and a couple of others.
Have tried turning off McAfee, no help. Wondering if there's a
left-over from wanadoo fouling us up?

Hi!
Thanks to everyone - following up on your advice and will get back and
give yall the outcome!!