anyone got anything further on euro1net?

Old September 4th 06, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default anyone got anything further on euro1net?

After recieving email below on thursday have not heard anymore anyone
got any news, visa company will not take claims unless euro1net do not
resolve the issue, although they can be said to be in breach of
contract at the moment.
Should I leave my wireless router on, will it reconnect if the service
is reactivated?

Important Customer Update:

Dear Customers,

Further to meetings and discussions both yesterday and today, Euro1Net
are continuing to look at reconnecting all affected users, whose
username ends @euro1net.com as soon as possible.

We will update all users again tomorrow via our network status page and
to this email address with further information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, but assure you that we are working
hard as possible to resolve this all as quickly for all parties
concerned with more positive news.

Kind regards

Euro1Net
Customer Services

Old September 4th 06, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
After recieving email below on thursday have not heard anymore anyone
got any news, visa company will not take claims unless euro1net do not
resolve the issue, although they can be said to be in breach of
contract at the moment.
Should I leave my wireless router on, will it reconnect if the service
is reactivated?

I suggest you 1st look at one of the line check services such as
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck and see what
the status of your line is. Mine has been clear of the ASDL link for a few
days now so I assume I could go elsewhere for my broadband. Having said
that, is your router still showing an asdl link or has that died ?

Gio

Old September 5th 06, 07:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Gio wrote:

I suggest you 1st look at one of the line check services such as
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck and see what
the status of your line is. Mine has been clear of the ASDL link for a few
days now so I assume I could go elsewhere for my broadband.

And doesn't that mean that euro1net can't simply reconnect you now if
they did get back in their feet?
Old September 5th 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Colin Forrester" wrote in message
Gio wrote:

I suggest you 1st look at one of the line check services such as
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck and see
what the status of your line is. Mine has been clear of the ASDL link
for a few days now so I assume I could go elsewhere for my broadband.

And doesn't that mean that euro1net can't simply reconnect you now if they
did get back in their feet?

Well that is one of the problems their subscribers are faced with. Euro1net
have failed to maintain the agreed service, BT Wholesale have severed the
link and apparently released ASDL from my line because of Euro1net's non
payment of BT invoices. But in the unlikely event of Euro1net getting back
on their feet, could they resume the service and reapply for a reconnection
with BT on the basis that I agreed to be tied to them for the original
contract duration ?

Gio

Old September 5th 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

gio - checked the line and get - This looks like a normal BT exchange
line with no ADSL enabled
when i switch on the wireless router there is no connection its showing
disconnected.
have written to my debit card visa via email at my bank and got back a
contact details.

Thanks for your email about your payment.

We can't post these forms to you, to dispute this payment, you need to
contact Debit Card Disputes. You can call them on 0845 300 6699
(international +44 170 227 8430).

Or you can write to them at:

Debit Card Services
Essex House
7th Floor
Southchurch Avenue
Southend On Sea
Essex
SS1 2LB

will ring them and see what they say

Old September 5th 06, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
oups.com...
gio - checked the line and get - This looks like a normal BT exchange
line with no ADSL enabled
when i switch on the wireless router there is no connection its showing
disconnected.
have written to my debit card visa via email at my bank and got back a
contact details.

will ring them and see what they say

Well I am going to go down a similar line today with my credit card company.
I will send a recorded delivery letter to Euro1 and copy to the CCC. I will
also include prints of the BT page declaring their action and Euro1 status
pages / emails they have sent out to me. I wrote a mail to Kent trading
standards asking them to establish if the company trading in their area was
still solvent but just got referred to Consumerdirect.

Old September 5th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I wrote a mail to Kent trading
standards asking them to establish if the company trading in their area was
still solvent but just got referred to Consumerdirect.

Thats normal, I used to work for Consumer Direct before moving here.
The route you take is the one you already took, ie: writing by recorded
delivery and keeping a copy etc.
They usually look on the companies house website to see if the company
has desolved but the company house website will only show information
that is live. It's too early for them to have filed for liquidation
yet.
The next procedure after you have done your bit would be for Consumer
Direct to refer the case to Trading Standards.
It's worth contacting Consumer Direct as you will be given a case
number which you can write in your letter.
As you have paid by CC then you have rights under the Consumer Credit
Act, section 75.
I paid by Debit card ( something I used to tell people not to do :-)
I have protection under the charge back rules which all visa companies
agree to.

One problem I can see is that euro1net have not actually gone bust so
the only claim would be under breach of contract. It is also
unreasonable to expect you to continue with their service, when the
have not come back on the date they said they would on the website,
with the information on existing customer reconnection. Euro1net are
just buying time at this point.

However you have gone down the correct route - I'm firing off all the
stuff to visa claims on Friday. This proves that I have (under the law)
given them a "reasonable" time to reconnect.

Old September 5th 06, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Thank you for that information, I had tried via Companies house to get a
valid tel No / address for Advanced data services but just like euro1net it
goes unanswered. I have registered and obtained a case number now with
Consumer direct scxxxxxx and established I have to write to the Purchase
Dispute Department of my credit card.
As you say you are sending off your information on Friday but when is a
'reasonable amount of time' ? Is it based on when the service was
disconnected or from their last communication etc. ?

Old September 5th 06, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Reasonable time from cut off but last communication has a bearing.
They said they would update customers on the day after the last
communication. Last Thursday, so you should have heard on Friday and
given that all of us were cut off much earlier, so unable to use the
service. I would say a week is reasonable from the last communication,
given also that they don't reply to emails, answer the phone or accept
recorded delivery letters.
Others who have not got a visa card may wish to try small claims court.
Unfortunatly reasonable time can only be proved in court unless its
part of the contract.
http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/you...s/fs_c05.shtml
I also thought of going down the small claims court route to also sue
for costs inccured, but as yet am not out of pocket - Ive got aol free
for a few days yet and am not sure what assets they have.

One thing for sure am not going to be giving this one up!!!!

Old September 5th 06, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...

One thing for sure am not going to be giving this one up!!!!

Hi again, have you seen the latest mail from Euro1net to customers ? :-

Important Customer Notice:

Advanced Data Services has ceased trading.

Dear Customers,

Despite our communications with a number of ISP's who were interested in
taking our users and or our company as a going concern, it is with great
regret and sadness that we have to report that our talks have proved
fruitless.

The recent actions of BT disconnecting the majority of our customers on the
21st August 2006 with no notification that they were going to do so on that
date and the frenzied inaccurate media reporting which quickly followed,
have had a dramatic impact on our business.

As a direct consequence of the media speculation and negative publicity,
other suppliers and service providers including our bank have all now
withdrawn their services. This means that our current financial obligations
can no longer be met.

As we are now unable to meet our financial obligations we have had no
alternative but to make the difficult decision to make our very loyal staff
redundant.

Since BT disconnected our users, we have been working tirelessly under
difficult circumstances to try and reconnect all our customers to
alternative suppliers. However, as we were prevented by BT from generating
Migration Authorisation Codes (MAC's) which not only meant our customers
would be without service for longer, but also meant that any possible
reconnections with an alternative supplier would have cost around 300% more
to connect each customer as a new connection, than they would have done as a
migration.

These additional costs proved too much to bear for us and the potential
buyers of our company who would have needed to pay BT Wholesale an
additional 160,000 in connection fees.

We would like to apologise to all our customers and would like to thank them
for the support that has been offered during this difficult period.

As we have ceased trading and can no longer provide a service to our
customers, all customers will be free to connect with another provider of
their choice. If in doubt, please contact BT for information on whether your
line is clear of our service.

We shall be making a formal complaint to Ofcom concerning the way BT
conducted the termination of our customers' service, the impact that this in
turn had on our customers and our company as a whole. We look forward to
their findings.

From the staff at Euro1Net