Best ADSL router with WDS? And 1 repeater?

Old September 4th 06, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.home-networking

Default Best ADSL router with WDS? And 1 repeater?

Hi there,

I have a customer who has recently moved into a converted barn with very
thick stone walls, and an 802.11b laptop gets very poor reception in the
living room from the Netgear DG834G router I have installed in the study.

The wireless card is built into the Centrino (tm) laptop and the
customer would prefer not to use an additional PCMCIA card (pre-N, MIMO
or whatever). Since the customer can afford the price of keeping things
nice & tidy in this way it seems to me the best solution is to use WDS
and set up an additional access point as a repeater.
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2004/04/14/how_to_wds_bridge/

Unfortunately the DG834G doesn't support WDS, as do very few of
Netgear's other models.
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101503.asp
I guess I'll have to issue a refund on that router & use it somewhere
else. This is kinda a pain for me, because I love the configuration
web-pages of the Netgear stuff - I just find it very easy to use and
never any bother at all.

Can anyone recommend alternative hardware for performing WDS, please?

I need an ADSL modem-router that supports WDS, and another router / AP
as a repeater. In the past I have found D-Link & (to a lesser extent)
Belkin wireless kit somewhat poor, but will consider it if comes highly
recommended for WDS.

Thanks in advance for any comments, advice or suggestions,

Stroller.
Old September 4th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.home-networking

Stroller wrote:

Can anyone recommend alternative hardware for performing WDS, please?

these have WDS :-

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/prod585.asp
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=3476

I have a pair of these in WDS operation :-

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=2352

Phil