BT Total - compensation claim

Old September 4th 06, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT Total - compensation claim

Can anyone tell me what BT's stance on compensation is for loss of
service in this situation?

I moved to a new address and it took them 3 weeks to move by broadband
from my old address. Ok, it was a lot more involved with a few mess-ups
at their end and long long telephone conversations to support. (I got
transfered 11 times on one occasion over a period of 1 hour).

Am I entitled to apply for a refund of the 3 weeks I had no service?
They had plenty of time to get it correct as I informed of the move 3
weeks in advance.

Thanks for any advice.
Rich.

Old September 4th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:19:57 -0700, muthafunkster wrote:

Can anyone tell me what BT's stance on compensation is for loss of service
in this situation?

Why don't you just ask them?

--
Regards
Tony

Old September 4th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tony Hogarty wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:19:57 -0700, muthafunkster wrote:

Can anyone tell me what BT's stance on compensation is for loss of service
in this situation?

Why don't you just ask them?

That's a fair question.

Having been on the receiving end of BT's "information bull**** experts"
for over 4 hours in total, over 7 phone calls, after having to wait at
least 20 mins in a queue for a representative (costing me over 5 pounds
in calls in total). Then being informed that the problem was being
worked on when in fact (as it became apparent) they hadn't even
bothered to flag it as a problem, I feel that any future dealings with
BT should be undertaken with as much previous information available as
I can lay my eyes on.

I can't find out anywhere on BT's site (funnily enough) if they
compensate in this situation, so am hoping to hear from someone who has
recently attempted the same.

Old September 4th 06, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone tell me what BT's stance on compensation is for loss of
service in this situation?

I moved to a new address and it took them 3 weeks to move by broadband
from my old address. Ok, it was a lot more involved with a few mess-ups
at their end and long long telephone conversations to support. (I got
transfered 11 times on one occasion over a period of 1 hour).

Am I entitled to apply for a refund of the 3 weeks I had no service?
They had plenty of time to get it correct as I informed of the move 3
weeks in advance.

Thanks for any advice.
Rich.

When mine was out for 13 days I asked for compensation and they credited my
phone bill for 13 days pro-rata. If its their fault they should compensate
or at least only charge from when they got it working and not their
activation date they quoted you.

Paul

Old September 4th 06, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

explained on 04/09/2006 :
after having to wait at
least 20 mins in a queue for a representative (costing me over 5 pounds
in calls in total)

Why on earth was there a charge of 5+ ?

Old September 5th 06, 01:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Jono wrote:
Paul Cupis formulated on Monday :
I believe
that BT Broadband might use 0845 numbers for their contact/support, with
no geographic alternative (given).

But surely that's a) a reason /not/ to be with BT Broadband and b) the
cost of over 2 hours, not 20 minutes.

The OP said over 4 hours.

"Callers outside the UK will not be able to call our freephone numbers,
our direct numbers a Residential Sales and Service Centre +44 114 202
4150 & Business Sales and Service Centre +44 207 555 0152"

Live and learn - thanks.
Old September 5th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

It happens that Paul Cupis formulated :
Jono wrote:
Paul Cupis formulated on Monday :
I believe
that BT Broadband might use 0845 numbers for their contact/support, with
no geographic alternative (given).

But surely that's a) a reason /not/ to be with BT Broadband and b) the
cost of over 2 hours, not 20 minutes.

The OP said over 4 hours.

Duh! Line wrapping - I only saw 20 mins

"Callers outside the UK will not be able to call our freephone numbers,
our direct numbers a Residential Sales and Service Centre +44 114 202
4150 & Business Sales and Service Centre +44 207 555 0152"

Live and learn - thanks.

I can't quite fathom why BT Broadband Users might want to call support
from another country........