SPA3000 Dial Plan Help

Old September 4th 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default SPA3000 Dial Plan Help

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this dialling plan query...

I want to prefix all UK calls with 141 (to withold the voip number, to save
confusing my parents with another number!), my provider only requires the
area code for calls, not the international format, and I want to be able to
dial local numbers without having to put the 01933 area code in first -
hence I have the following dial plan:

(*xx | :14101933[2-8]xxxxxS0 | 00[1-9]x. | 090x! | 01:14101xxxxxxxxxS0 |
02:14102xxxxxxxxxS0 | 07:14107xxxxxxxxxS0 | 08:14108xxxxxxxxxS0)

Which seems to work (I can dial locally, nationally, mobiles etc, without
displaying my number)

Now this is where I want to try to play clever

I want to use a gateway when I prefix the call with, for example, #1...
which will also need to send the international number format

Therefore, my local numbers will become #1 234567 and national numbers will
be #1 01111 234567

Is this possible?
Will adding this work:

#1[2-8]:0044[2-8]xxxxx:@gw1 | #10[1278]:0044[1278]xxxxxxxxx:@gw1

Many thanks in advance

--
Take "the ****" to reply

#1[2-8]:0044[2-8]xxxxx:@gw1 | #10[1278]:0044[1278]xxxxxxxxx:@gw1

syntax error ? missing in the second part.

also the bit on the left is missing the 1933 after the 0044

should you also cater for numbers that have fewer digits ?

Phil

#1[2-8]:0044[2-8]xxxxx:@gw1 | #10[1278]:0044[1278]xxxxxxxxx:@gw1

syntax error ? missing in the second part.

also the bit on the left is missing the 1933 after the 0044

should you also cater for numbers that have fewer digits ?

Phil

Hi Phil

Many thanks for the response! Yes, I am missing a in the second part, and
the area code is also missing. How do I cater for fewer digits? I guess
there is a trick to it!

Anyway, I have been delving, and have the following dial plan crafted which
I think will do what I need (about to upload it and see)... is there a more
graceful way of writing it (and also, how do I allow for shorter numbers in
this one?)

(*xx|
I think this is to do with handset/provider commands

:14101933[2-8]xxxxxS0|
If I dial a local number (starts with a 2 through to 8) prefix it with 141
and the area code (01933)

00[1-9]x.|
If I dial international, dial the number without any changes

090x!|
Bar those pesky 090x chatlines (no more chat n flirt for me!)

01:14101xxxxxxxxxS0|
02:14102xxxxxxxxxS0|
05:14105xxxxxxxxxS0|
07:14107xxxxxxxxxS0|
08:14108xxxxxxxxxS0|
Dialing national, freephone, lo-call and mobiles will prefix the number with
141

Then we move onto the gateway side...
#1:00441933[2-8]xxxxx:@gw1|
Dialling #1 then a local number (starts 2-9), prefix 0044, the area code
(01933) and sends it to gateway1

#101:00441xxxxxx:@gw1|
#102:00442xxxxxx:@gw1|
#105:00445xxxxxx:@gw1|
#107:00447xxxxxx:@gw1|
Dialling #1 before national, freephone, lo-call and mobiles prefixes 0044
and sends it to gateway1

#1:00[1-9]x.:@gw1)
Dialing #1 and an international number sends it to gateway1

....any way to improve it?

Many thanks

Simon

#1[2-8]:0044[2-8]xxxxx:@gw1 | #10[1278]:0044[1278]xxxxxxxxx:@gw1

syntax error ? missing in the second part.

also the bit on the left is missing the 1933 after the 0044

should you also cater for numbers that have fewer digits ?

Phil

Hi Phil

Many thanks for the response! Yes, I am missing a in the second part,
and the area code is also missing. How do I cater for fewer digits? I
guess there is a trick to it!

Anyway, I have been delving, and have the following dial plan crafted
which I think will do what I need (about to upload it and see)... is there
a more graceful way of writing it (and also, how do I allow for shorter
numbers in this one?)

Many thanks

Simon

OK, I know it's bad practice to reply to ones own posts... but I seem to
have sussed it
I've shortened the dialling plan, and have set the #1 prefix to dial out
through gateway 1!

So here it is below for google to archive for all time (so I can find it
again if I lose it!)

(*xx | :14101933[2-8]x. | 00[1-9]x. | 090x! | 0:1410[12578]x. |
#1:00441933[2-8]x.:@gw1 | #10:0044[1278]x.:@gw1 |
#1:00[1-9]x.:@gw1)

Old September 6th 06, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mr E Mann wrote:

Many thanks for the response! Yes, I am missing a in the second part, and
the area code is also missing. How do I cater for fewer digits? I guess
there is a trick to it!

the dot on the end of x. means "and any number of other digits" as I
think you have sussed out. There are some UK numbers around with five
digits after the area code and your plan was explicitly 6 digit.

Phil