Program Scheduler to start and end a program?

Old September 5th 06, 09:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Program Scheduler to start and end a program?

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on this?

I am looking for a program to schedule the start and end of programs in
Windows XP. (I know there is a built in Scheduler, but I want an external
application if possible). I want to be able to start a program at 11pm and
have it run through until 6pm. Between 6pm and 11pm I want the program to
be shut down totally. Does anyone know of a nice simple program that is
light on resources that will do this for me?

Thanks in advance.

Kev

Old September 5th 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Kevin Wooloff" wrote in message
I am looking for a program to schedule the start and end of programs in
Windows XP. (I know there is a built in Scheduler, but I want an external
application if possible).

Can you explain why you want an "external application"?

I want to be able to start a program at 11pm and have it run through until
6pm. Between 6pm and 11pm I want the program to be shut down totally.
Does anyone know of a nice simple program that is light on resources that
will do this for me?

Download PsKill:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsKill.html

Then set up a pair of suitable scheduled tasks, one to start the program and
one to run PsKill to kill it.

Alex