SPA3000 and the pstn line

Old September 5th 06, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default SPA3000 and the pstn line

My SPA3000 will no longer dial out over the pstn line. When I try I get
the 'reorder' tone, which, according to the manual happens when an
outgoing call fails. Incoming pstn calls work ok so I assume that there
is not a cable problem. Monitoring the pstn line show that the spa does
not seize the line.

My dial plan contains the following: 1471:@gw0|0800xx.:@gw0

Any ideas where I should start to look for the problem or have I missed
any settings?
Old September 5th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Ian Pawson explained :
My SPA3000 will no longer dial out over the pstn line. When I try I get
the 'reorder' tone, which, according to the manual happens when an
outgoing call fails. Incoming pstn calls work ok so I assume that there
is not a cable problem. Monitoring the pstn line show that the spa does
not seize the line.

My dial plan contains the following: 1471:@gw0|0800xx.:@gw0

Any ideas where I should start to look for the problem or have I missed
any settings?

Have you power cycled it since?

Old September 5th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
Ian Pawson explained :
My SPA3000 will no longer dial out over the pstn line. When I try I get
the 'reorder' tone, which, according to the manual happens when an
outgoing call fails. Incoming pstn calls work ok so I assume that there
is not a cable problem. Monitoring the pstn line show that the spa does
not seize the line.

My dial plan contains the following: 1471:@gw0|0800xx.:@gw0

Any ideas where I should start to look for the problem or have I missed
any settings?

Have you power cycled it since?

Yes, when I power it off the pstn line is put through to the phone and I
can dial out so the relay must be working ok.
Old September 6th 06, 07:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 07:54:56 +0000, Ian Pawson wrote:

My SPA3000 will no longer dial out over the pstn line. When I try I get
the 'reorder' tone, which, according to the manual happens when an
outgoing call fails. Incoming pstn calls work ok so I assume that there
is not a cable problem. Monitoring the pstn line show that the spa does
not seize the line.

My dial plan contains the following: 1471:@gw0|0800xx.:@gw0

Any ideas where I should start to look for the problem or have I missed
any settings?

You need to enable the "VOIP to PSTN gateway Enable" option.

Old September 7th 06, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Wira One wrote:
On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 07:54:56 +0000, Ian Pawson wrote:

My SPA3000 will no longer dial out over the pstn line. When I try I get
the 'reorder' tone, which, according to the manual happens when an
outgoing call fails. Incoming pstn calls work ok so I assume that there
is not a cable problem. Monitoring the pstn line show that the spa does
not seize the line.

My dial plan contains the following: 1471:@gw0|0800xx.:@gw0

Any ideas where I should start to look for the problem or have I missed
any settings?

You need to enable the "VOIP to PSTN gateway Enable" option.

Sir, you are a gent. That did indeed fix the problem.