Trixbox - How to set a trun to register after x amount of seconds

Old September 5th 06, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Trixbox - How to set a trun to register after x amount of seconds

Hi anyone help me on this one,

I thought I had my system sorted, as it was working for some time
Anyway, now I am finding my Voipfone drops the registration after a few
hours,

If some one calls it gets routed via PSTN fall back
and If I dial outwards I get one way audio (No Inbound)

If I do a reset or chnage a parameter in trixbox so it re-reads teh confiig
all is fine.

Trying to find information is near impossible, but I found somewhere that
adding
maxexpiry=180 should help in the trunk settings, but it does not for me.

Are there any other settings which will get this working correctly?

Old September 5th 06, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

RH wrote:
Hi anyone help me on this one,

I thought I had my system sorted, as it was working for some time
Anyway, now I am finding my Voipfone drops the registration after a few
hours,

If some one calls it gets routed via PSTN fall back
and If I dial outwards I get one way audio (No Inbound)

If I do a reset or chnage a parameter in trixbox so it re-reads teh confiig
all is fine.

Trying to find information is near impossible, but I found somewhere that
adding
maxexpiry=180 should help in the trunk settings, but it does not for me.

Are there any other settings which will get this working correctly?

I had a similar problem with my voicestick account, which I only use
for incoming - where it was losing its registration after an hour. I
also tried changing maxexpiry, defaultexpiry etc all to no avail. What
eventually cured the problem was to force a SIP reload every 60 minutes
(I actually set it to 30 minutes). Not saying this is the issue in your
case.

Instructions on how to do this were provided by chandave on the voxilla
forums where he was actually dealing with a different issue - you'll
need to adapt them a little, if you're going to try this - the relevant
part is:
------------
While still at the Linux command prompt, issue the following: Code:

/bin/echo "00,05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * root /bin/sh
/etc/asterisk/sip_reload.sh" /etc/crontab
-----------
The full post can be found he
http://voxilla.com/index.php?name=PN...eload&start=15

It forces a full SIP reload, not just voipfone.

Old September 5th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

paul123 wrote:

RH wrote:
[...]

That will actually do it every 5 minutes. Also, it needs to be entered as
one line, and don't enter 'Code:' or it won't work.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
18:07:57 up 10 days, 2:12, 2 users, load average: 0.17, 0.12, 0.08

Old September 5th 06, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

alexd wrote:

alexd wrote:
paul123 wrote:

RH wrote:
[...]

hence "you'll need to adapt them a little"

the "code" was from the page on Voxilla - I'm sure RH will have had a
look on the Voxilla link and worked it out from there