bthomehub shut down

Old September 6th 06, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default bthomehub shut down

after just 5 weeks since i got it, the bthomehub has packed up.

pull out the power, it lights up, then within 30 seconds, it shuts
down.

i mean the whole thing. not a light in sight.

i suspect it is a hardware failure.

meanwhile i just replugged in my old btvoyager and am back online
albeit without the 05 voip number facility since theres nothing to plug
the extra dec phone into. so am back to lan line.

im going to reset it tomorrow and see if that helps, although it might
start up tomorrow after the long rest... this happened at 5am today,
the whole thing went to sleep. no lights, no connection to
192.168.1.254

am going to complain first. to bt. i am fantasizing that they will give
me another model of the talk functions. (05) numbers - i'd seen a
btvoyager late last year that had at least one output telephone jack
(rj11) in addition to the adsl line input.

any one else out there experience this?

Old September 6th 06, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

tehtarek wrote:
[...]

Complain to the correct bit of BT (not 151) ok or it will be
exspensive for you...