FS Engine advice needed for Flair Puppeteer.

Old September 6th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default FS Engine advice needed for Flair Puppeteer.

Hi.

I've just bought a Flair Puppeteer Mk2 kit, which I am hoping to build
over the winter. I don't have an engine yet, so I thought I could
perhaps save myself a lot of hassle by asking this group for advice.

I definitely want to use a four stroke as I think the biplane will
suit a more relaxed burble than the whine of a 2S. But I've read of
people having a few issues with the installation of certain FS engines
in the Puppeteer.

So, in the hope of trying to avoid pitfalls, has anyone got any
recommendations please, as to the most easy to fit and run FS engine I
should be thinking about buying for this model? I'm also not sure
about what size of FS engine the plane needs. Some say a .57 is
adequate, but would more power be a stupid thing?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks

Travec
Old September 6th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Travec the Dacian wrote:

Any advice would be most appreciated.

best check the newsgroups list *before* posting!
Old September 6th 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Travec the Dacian" wrote in message
Hi.

I've just bought a Flair Puppeteer Mk2 kit, which I am hoping to build
over the winter. I don't have an engine yet, so I thought I could
perhaps save myself a lot of hassle by asking this group for advice.

I definitely want to use a four stroke as I think the biplane will
suit a more relaxed burble than the whine of a 2S. But I've read of
people having a few issues with the installation of certain FS engines
in the Puppeteer.

So, in the hope of trying to avoid pitfalls, has anyone got any
recommendations please, as to the most easy to fit and run FS engine I
should be thinking about buying for this model? I'm also not sure
about what size of FS engine the plane needs. Some say a .57 is
adequate, but would more power be a stupid thing?

Depends how far from the exchange you intend to fly it. Any further than a
couple of kilometres and you wont get the full whack, ergo you might have
problems getting it off the ground

;o)

Old September 6th 06, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:20:20 +0100, "Gizmo" wrote:

Depends how far from the exchange you intend to fly it. Any further than a
couple of kilometres and you wont get the full whack, ergo you might have
problems getting it off the ground

Memo to self: Confirm logged in to relevant NG before posting ;-/

Old September 6th 06, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Gizmo" wrote:

"Travec the Dacian" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Would this depend on line length?

--

Andrew Sayers
Old September 7th 06, 02:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Gizmo" wrote in message

[...]

Dropouts could be pretty expensive too. A good wireless router is probably
the best way to go, particularly if he's in busy air space.

Joe Lee