BT Total Broadband support

Old September 6th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT Total Broadband support

Hello

Can anyone offer me any advice?
I've been without my ADSL connection for over a month, and BT are just not
able to fix it, or seem to even be able to organise to have it fixed. My
Wanadoo contract ran out in July. Went with BT , we got confirmation it was
connected. It has never worked.

I have spoken to BT support on many occasions. They have escalated the call
only for them to call me back and ask me if the issue is resolved. It never
appears anyone has ever actually done anything. I have tried different
routers, cables and filters. All with the same result - the ADSL light lit
up on the router, but the router diag page states that the ADSL is
synchronised, all ATM segment pings fail, and the PPP session is down.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem, or does anyone know who I can
speak to other than a scripted call centre to actually get this fixed? Can I
cancel the contract and go with another provider without penalty as they
have not provided a service?

The line worked fine when it was on Wanadoo. The kit all works fine.

thanks for any tips

Mike

Old September 6th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Mike P" wrote in message ...
[...]

but what EXACTLY is the problem? Is your username and password failing?

Old September 6th 06, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Mike P" wrote in message
[...]

Can you connect to the BT test access ?
http://www.more-solutions.co.uk/supp...test-user.html

If so, it looks like there may be an account problem ?

Graham

Old September 6th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

tg wrote:
"Mike P" wrote in message
[...]

If they're trying to use the Wannado box that could be causing the
problem, AIRI the Wannado box is locked.

Old September 6th 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Graham2" wrote in message
"Mike P" wrote in message
[...]

The's also this http://help.btinternet.com/broadbandhelp
Don't know if I'd use it myself though.
Are you using a new modem/router ?

Graham

Old September 20th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike P

"Graham2" wrote in message
"Mike P" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for all the replies chaps.

It's still not working. I had an engineer come out last week. Unfortunately
I wasn't in because they hadn't told me he was coming.

The exact problem - no ADSL light on the router. No ADSL Sync, router
reports ADSL as down. I have tried 3 known good routers, all with known good
filters and cables. Nothing. There is nothing else on my phone line, not
even an extention. I have a master socket and that's it.

BT Total Broadband support is ****e. I am getting knowhere. They just rang
me back now to ask me a load of questions like "Are you using the master
socket..?" That I have answered at least 10 times before. I'm getting quite
frustrated now. I am waiting for a call back from them. This time the
support box has informed me that he's calling the PSTN dept to see if there
is a problem with my PSTN line..

Cheers

Mike P

Old September 20th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , Mike P
writes
The exact problem - no ADSL light on the router. No ADSL Sync, router
reports ADSL as down. I have tried 3 known good routers, all with known
good filters

you have a filter fitted between the master socket and the router?

--
dave @ stejonda
Old September 20th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike P

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...
In message , Mike P
writes
The exact problem - no ADSL light on the router. No ADSL Sync, router
reports ADSL as down. I have tried 3 known good routers, all with known
good filters

you have a filter fitted between the master socket and the router?

Well yes, it's the one that came with the router that allows me to plug the
telephone and router in at the same time.

I'm 99.99% sure it's a BT Broadband problem, as before I came back to BT
from Wanadoo, everything worked absolutely fine. I am using a BT router.
I've also tried a Cisco and a D-Link. All with the same result. Nothing. The
D-link router worked perfectly at my mates yesterday, I've used the same
equipment plugged in the same way, and nothing. I have of course changed
usernames and passwords, there is no ADSL synch happening.

Mike P

Old September 24th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi,
Sounds very similar to my experience.... Never had any Broadband light
on the new BT Home hub and BT incapable or unwilling to solve the
problem. Have been send a new home hub.. to no avail.. and still witing
for service calls that don't materialise till I phone back only to have
to explain the problem from sratch...

good luck,

Jan