Wireless options without phone line

Old September 6th 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Wireless options without phone line

Can anyone recommend a wireless broadband service that doesn't require
a phone line. I know about Now (?) but wondered if there are any
others.

The mobile phone companies don't seem to do domestic data cards, only
business on a fixed monthly subscription.

Thanks.

Old September 6th 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone recommend a wireless broadband service that doesn't require
a phone line. I know about Now (?) but wondered if there are any
others.

The mobile phone companies don't seem to do domestic data cards, only
business on a fixed monthly subscription.

and these are not really "broadband" data rates, coverage is patchy, and the
price per byte is horrendous...

Thanks.

Wireless tends to local in nature so we need to know where you are... Even
3g has very limited coverage

whats you problem with a phone line?

Old September 6th 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

David Wade wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone recommend a wireless broadband service that doesn't require
a phone line. I know about Now (?) but wondered if there are any
others.

The mobile phone companies don't seem to do domestic data cards, only
business on a fixed monthly subscription.

and these are not really "broadband" data rates, coverage is patchy, and the
price per byte is horrendous...

Thanks.

Wireless tends to local in nature so we need to know where you are... Even
3g has very limited coverage

whats you problem with a phone line?

I'm going to be living in a rented room in a shared flat in south west
London (SW17) so I don't know if it's an option to install a phone
line. If I can get an option without one that's not going to cost the
earth it might be better.

Old September 7th 06, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi,

You could go to http://www.getbroadband-online.co.uk/ and type wireless
broadband on search box top right hand corner and you will get several
wireless broadband options to choose from. Hope this will help...Pappa