Sale, G.Manchester LLU provider?

Old September 6th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Sale, G.Manchester LLU provider?

Few questions I hope you can help me with

Who has my PlusNet local loop been unbundled to, I'm in Sale, Trafford,
PN said they were unbundling to Tiscali but according to this
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=MRSAL
Sale is not unbundled to Tiscali yet.

I'm hacked off with PN and looking around, I'd love a calls and
internet bundle, any recommendations? I only use about 3Gb/month and do
very little P2P and no gaming. Just regular surfing, e-mail and host my
own personal low-hit website. My last BT bill was 118 for the quarter,
calls of 69 which were mostly mobile, international and prem/non-geo
numbers.

Anyone got a good reliable package in my area?

Ta
Al.

Old September 7th 06, 12:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

said they were unbundling to Tiscali but according to this
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=MRSAL
Sale is not unbundled to Tiscali yet.

The information available is dependent on what ISPs release, and it seems
that Tiscali does not want the information as "public knowledge" as it is
for them, commercially sensitive, so the fact there's no mention must
be taken with a "pinch of salt" and ignored.

... I'd love a calls and internet bundle, any recommendations? I only use
about 3Gb/month and dovery little P2P and no gaming.

Unless you are already a customer I'd never consider a "combined bundle"
at the moment. I'd give them another 6 months to settle down and see if
any of them have tens of thousands of unhappy customers... Why be a
"guinea pig" for one of these new bundles?

Just regular surfing, e-mail and host my own personal low-hit website.
My last BT bill was 118 for the quarter, calls of 69 which were mostly
mobile, international and prem/non-geo numbers.

Much depends on the exact pattern of calls. There are lots of services
that are indirect (ie you dial a prefix) and give good value, but if you're
paying quarterly you could immediately save some cash by paying BT
using DD each month). Quarterly adds 12 quid a year. I pay 5p/min
for calls to mobiles (an 0844 number) and use 18185, 18866 or 1899
for many other calls (try 18185.co.uk etc)

Old September 7th 06, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

yep..Zen Internet of Rochdale...8000 active @ 63.81 per quarter + VAT.

You could not do better....20Gb limit but like me,you'll never get near
that.