ATTN ISPs I will pay 100 PCM for broadband

Old September 7th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ATTN ISPs I will pay 100 PCM for broadband

Hi. I live in Braintree Essex UK, and I need always-on broadband with 95% uptime and garneted bandwidth SLA.

No ADSL MAX
No 'up to'
No best endeavours

S L A only. Service Credits for failure will be stipulated.

If you can provide working, professional, SLA service to an address in Braintree UK, please reply to this post.

NB 100 PCM (inc. tax) is the absolute limit - I am a domestic user connecting Ethernet equipped PCs.

Old September 7th 06, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.net.providers

"Kasom" wrote:

I need always-on broadband with 95% uptime and garneted bandwidth SLA.

Best to post in uk.net.providers if you want "guaranteed" anything...

I'd suggest checking AAISP ( http://sod.ms/ ) as you could have a second
line as a standby which will get the same IP address, if first "went down".
You had better indicate *how much traffic* you want when you give some
requirement, because you will find a variety of ISPs might offer something
less than "unlimited".

You may also need to explain *when* you would be using your connection
most heavily, because that again may be limited by some ISPs.

Old September 7th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 07/09/06 18:29, Kasom wrote :-
Hi. I live in Braintree Essex UK, and I need always-on broadband with 95% uptime and garneted bandwidth SLA.

No ADSL MAX
No 'up to'
No best endeavours

S L A only. Service Credits for failure will be stipulated.

If you can provide working, professional, SLA service to an address in Braintree UK, please reply to this post.

NB 100 PCM (inc. tax) is the absolute limit - I am a domestic user connecting Ethernet equipped PCs.

ADSL with an SLA just won't happen.

I think there are a few ISPs which offer an SLA with SDSL... but that'd
be well over 100pcm

xF,

....Nick
Old September 7th 06, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article ,
Kasom wrote:
Hi. I live in Braintree Essex UK, and I need always-on broadband with
95% uptime and garneted bandwidth SLA.

No ADSL MAX
No 'up to'
No best endeavours

S L A only. Service Credits for failure will be stipulated.

If you can provide working, professional, SLA service to an address in
Braintree UK, please reply to this post.

I think you've misunderstood capitalism: *they* get to set the terms
and conditions, *you* have to put up with them.

-- Richard
Old September 7th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi. I live in Braintree Essex UK, and I need always-on broadband with
95% uptime and garneted bandwidth SLA.

No ADSL MAX
No 'up to'
No best endeavours

S L A only. Service Credits for failure will be stipulated.

If you can provide working, professional, SLA service to an address
in Braintree UK, please reply to this post.

NB 100 PCM (inc. tax) is the absolute limit - I am a domestic user
connecting Ethernet equipped PCs.

You have no chance at all and certainly not at the price you are prepared to
pay.

Peter Crosland

Old September 8th 06, 04:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Nicholas Thomas wrote:

On 07/09/06 18:29, Kasom wrote :-
Hi. I live in Braintree Essex UK, and I need always-on broadband with 95% uptime and garneted bandwidth SLA.

No ADSL MAX
No 'up to'
No best endeavours

S L A only. Service Credits for failure will be stipulated.

If you can provide working, professional, SLA service to an address in Braintree UK, please reply to this post.

NB 100 PCM (inc. tax) is the absolute limit - I am a domestic user connecting Ethernet equipped PCs.

ADSL with an SLA just won't happen.

I think there are a few ISPs which offer an SLA with SDSL... but that'd
be well over 100pcm

I get an SLA with Idnet.

Graham

Old September 8th 06, 04:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Peter Crosland wrote:

Hi. I live in Braintree Essex UK, and I need always-on broadband with
95% uptime and garneted bandwidth SLA.

No ADSL MAX
No 'up to'
No best endeavours

S L A only. Service Credits for failure will be stipulated.

If you can provide working, professional, SLA service to an address
in Braintree UK, please reply to this post.

NB 100 PCM (inc. tax) is the absolute limit - I am a domestic user
connecting Ethernet equipped PCs.

You have no chance at all and certainly not at the price you are prepared to
pay.

It's a pleasure to prove you wrong again Peter !

Enterprise Network 20:1 contention 256k up 2Mb down 69 1 month contract 40
activation / Free Migration 10 for enhanced care

***Enhanced Care offers a 20 clock hour clear within BT Wholesale, a 3 hour
response time, and is supported by an improved Service Level Guarantee. Out of
hours engineering visits to site may be used to complete a repair if
unrestricted access is available.

http://idnet.net/broadband/default.jsp

They guarantee no contention over their own network too. The contention you do
see is down to BT at the DSLAM.

The Home Lite is excellent value though 17.99 and still gets their basic SLA.
6915 / 371 kbps here btw.

Graham

Old September 8th 06, 04:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eeyore wrote:

Peter Crosland wrote:

[...]

p.s. If that appeals, feel free to let me refer you and we're both better off by a
tenner !

Graham

Old September 8th 06, 07:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 08/09/06 04:25, Eeyore wrote :-

Nicholas Thomas wrote:

On 07/09/06 18:29, Kasom wrote :-
Hi. I live in Braintree Essex UK, and I need always-on broadband with 95% uptime and garneted bandwidth SLA.

No ADSL MAX
No 'up to'
No best endeavours

S L A only. Service Credits for failure will be stipulated.

If you can provide working, professional, SLA service to an address in Braintree UK, please reply to this post.

NB 100 PCM (inc. tax) is the absolute limit - I am a domestic user connecting Ethernet equipped PCs.

ADSL with an SLA just won't happen.

I think there are a few ISPs which offer an SLA with SDSL... but that'd
be well over 100pcm

I get an SLA with Idnet.

Graham

Interesting. What package and what sort of level, if you don't mind my
asking? The website mentions service level guarantee, but doesn't say
what packages it applies on, or what level.

Additionally, the T&Cs seem full of weasel words - e.g.

"19.4 Force Majeure
We shall have no liability if we are unable to provide or connect the
Service or if the continuation of the Service is interrupted or
withdrawn due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, including (but
not limited to) actions of third parties, civil unrest, industrial
action, fire, inclement weather, and national emergency."

Of course, BT is a third party (in the context of a contractual
agreement)... and the vast majority of the faults you'd experience on an
ADSL line would be due to faults on the BT line.

Still, I could be wrong

xF,

....Nick
Old September 8th 06, 07:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 08/09/06 07:42, Nicholas Thomas wrote :-
On 08/09/06 04:25, Eeyore wrote :-
Nicholas Thomas wrote:

On 07/09/06 18:29, Kasom wrote :-
[...]

Actually, now I read the OP's post again again... it "looks like" s/he's
just after a "guaranteed bandwidth SLA"... which would be a 1:1
contention ratio?

That, or s/he (or me!) is getting his/her terms confused.

If in terms of contention ratio, 1:1 ADSL is also not going to happen
for 100pcm!

xF,

....Nick