Trixbox tutorials

Old September 7th 06, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Trixbox tutorials

Hi all

I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net which
gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell you why
or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have the
internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
through voiptalk.

Cheers Glenn

Old September 7th 06, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

glenn formulated the question :
Hi all

I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net which
gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell you why
or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have the
internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
through voiptalk.

Cheers Glenn

Have a look at this thread:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.telecom.voip/tree/browse_frm/thread/6f602f2a3e0468a1/e90748215e800e83?rnum=21&hl=en&q=unbeatable+voipta lk+offer%3F&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fuk.telecom.voip%2Fbro wse_frm%2Fthread%2F6f602f2a3e0468a1%2F676376528958 64be%3Ftvc%3D1%26q%3Dunbeatable+voiptalk+offer%3F% 26hl%3Den%26#doc_3fae756fba793790

Also, http://nerdvittles.com is as good a place as any to start

Old September 9th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

glenn wrote:
Hi all

I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net which
gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell you why
or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have the
internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
through voiptalk.

Cheers Glenn

I can chat to you on phone and help best i can with trixbox too.

I'm just about to make the switch from asterisk @ home 2.7 to trixbox in
the next few weeks!
Old September 9th 06, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Sean wrote :
I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net
which gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell
you why or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have
the internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
through voiptalk.

I can chat to you on phone and help best i can with trixbox too.

I'm just about to make the switch from asterisk @ home 2.7 to trixbox in the
next few weeks!

I thought you were hanging fire. I certainly am......apparently call
recording is still goosed, well calls directed at a ring group, anyway.

Old September 9th 06, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:

I thought you were hanging fire. I certainly am......apparently call
recording is still goosed, well calls directed at a ring group, anyway.

Explain?

Get yourself on google talk too, not spoke to you for ages!

Old September 10th 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Sean" wrote in message
. uk...
Jono wrote:

I thought you were hanging fire. I certainly am......apparently call
recording is still goosed, well calls directed at a ring group, anyway.

Explain?

AAH2.8 introduced a bug in the call recording routine - if you set your
extensions up to record every call, it didn't record incoming calls that go
to a ring group.

I beleive Trixbox still exhibits this behaviour.............I know paul123
has seen some odd behaviour with it.

Get yourself on google talk too, not spoke to you for ages!

Yeah, sorry 'bout that.

Old September 10th 06, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:

AAH2.8 introduced a bug in the call recording routine - if you set your
extensions up to record every call, it didn't record incoming calls that go
to a ring group.

I beleive Trixbox still exhibits this behaviour.............I know paul123
has seen some odd behaviour with it.

Ah, will i'm sure the bug will be removed, and it will be possible to
upgrade it easily... I hope!

The reason i am moving..... My current instilation has gone a bit wrong!
Whenever i boot it up, or change a setting/reload conf's it takes about
10 minutes before asterisk is fully working again. This is just not right!

So i'm expecting a 200Gb hard disk i've ordered to turn up soon, so i
shall install trixbox on there. Will put my current HDD in another PC
and have both asterisk @ home and trixbox running for a little while,
during this time i can be copying over my settings.

Already been messing with trixbox, it seems to be faster than [email protected]! And
its currently in a PC with much worse specs.

Old October 4th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
[email protected]hotmail.com

I have installed trixbox, and I can make internal call between
extensions using our softphone but whenever we try to make any external
calls we get the error all circuits are busy. We have Vonage phone
service. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old October 4th 06, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net
which
gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell you
why
or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have the
internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
through voiptalk.

Cheers Glenn

I can chat to you on phone and help best i can with trixbox too.

I'm just about to make the switch from asterisk @ home 2.7 to trixbox in
the next few weeks!

I have installed trixbox, and I can make internal call between
extensions using our softphone but whenever we try to make any external
calls we get the error all circuits are busy. We have Vonage phone
service. Does anyone have any ideas?

Have you configured any Trunks?

Have you configured an outbound route?