tesco voip

Old September 7th 06, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default tesco voip

Price of 9.98 persuaded me to invest in a tesco phone last weekend

However , cant use audio features of phone

Windows keeps finding USB Audio Device but no driver for it and the "help"
desk keep cutting me off

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Old September 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message , mark
eldon writes
Price of 9.98 persuaded me to invest in a tesco phone last weekend

However , cant use audio features of phone

Windows keeps finding USB Audio Device but no driver for it and the "help"
desk keep cutting me off

Wasn't there a disk with it that contained drivers?

Anyway, I think it's the same as this phone:
http://www.picstop.co.uk/Skype-USB-V...VoIP-Internet-
LCD-Phone---Red.

There are links on the website for drivers, etc.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old September 8th 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

thanks for the prompt reply Martin - only drivers on site are for skype
phones and similar
no USB audio drivers on disk - picked Tesco because of choice of area code

Old September 8th 06, 12:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article ,
mark eldon wrote:
thanks for the prompt reply Martin - only drivers on site are for skype
phones and similar
no USB audio drivers on disk - picked Tesco because of choice of area code

the phone is a Yealink device: http://www.yealink.com/

I didn't need any drivers to make it work under XP (nor Linux either
for that matter) However, I haven't used the Tesco software (I got it
as it was a cheap USB 'phone' and for nothing else)

Sure you actually need drivers?

Gordon
Old September 8th 06, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thanks for reply - new to all this voip stuff

I signed up for Tesco to get 5 worth of calls and an 0203 number but cant
hear anything over the phone either in or out

Mark

Old September 8th 06, 02:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"mark eldon" wrote in message

thanks for the prompt reply Martin - only drivers on site
are for skype phones and similar
no USB audio drivers on disk - picked Tesco because of
choice of area code

You can get any code you want from many suppliers. Sipgate
(www.sipgate.co.uk) have free numbers for any area and no monthly charge.
Also being SIP you can use an adaptor and an ordinary phone, you aren't
tied to a computer.

Ivor

Old September 8th 06, 02:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh mark eldon:
Thanks for reply - new to all this voip stuff

I signed up for Tesco to get 5 worth of calls and an 0203 number but
cant hear anything over the phone either in or out

Mark

There are many other providers that issue 020 numbers, not sure how many
issue local numbers beginning 3 though.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old September 8th 06, 02:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
"mark eldon" wrote in message

thanks for the prompt reply Martin - only drivers on site
are for skype phones and similar
no USB audio drivers on disk - picked Tesco because of
choice of area code

You can get any code you want from many suppliers. Sipgate
(www.sipgate.co.uk) have free numbers for any area and no monthly
charge. Also being SIP you can use an adaptor and an ordinary phone,
you aren't tied to a computer.

Ivor

Have they sorted out the IPKALL issue, do they have a timescale, or have
they just decided they don't care if they annoy all their customers?

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old September 8th 06, 06:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
"mark eldon" wrote in message

thanks for the prompt reply Martin - only drivers on site
are for skype phones and similar
no USB audio drivers on disk - picked Tesco because of
choice of area code

You can get any code you want from many suppliers. Sipgate
(www.sipgate.co.uk) have free numbers for any area and no monthly
charge. Also being SIP you can use an adaptor and an ordinary phone,
you aren't tied to a computer.

Ivor

Have they sorted out the IPKALL issue, do they have a timescale, or have
they just decided they don't care if they annoy all their customers?

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

I am with Tesco now for the last 6 weeks. Absolutely perfect. The sound
quality that Skype couldn't offer, is offered by Tesco. To answer the IP
answer. I have seen this problem. Menu, options, audio devices. Choose USB
Audio device.

Bert.

Old September 8th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Sipgate / IPKall (was tesco voip)

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message
. uk

Have they sorted out the IPKALL issue, do they have a
timescale, or have they just decided they don't care if
they annoy all their customers?

I asked about this and they have told me that they have sent instructions
to IPKall on how to authenticate with sipgate servers, maybe it is just
taking some time to implement. It's down to them now, anyway.

Ivor