Voipfone hikes call charges to mobiles :-(

Old September 8th 06, 08:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Voipfone hikes call charges to mobiles :-(

Recieved this this am - prices have already gone up - Certainly worth
checking if you are planning

to make calls through them to avoid any nasty surprises

"From 8th September, calls to landlines in the UK and many Western
countries will be charged at 1p per minute (1.2p inc VAT) and most UK
mobiles at 12p per minute ex VAT (14.1p inc VAT).

"We have held our mobile prices static for over 2 years, despite several
price increases from our call termination providers and moving our entire
network to business class, high quality routes; but we now need to make some
changes.

"We have also made changes to mobile routes to some international
destinations. If you regularly call international mobiles, please check the
call cost calculator to find the exact price you will be charged for the
number you are calling."

Their call calculator also shows calls to the 3 network rise to 23.5p
including VAT