Draytek 2800 and Sipgate/voiptalk -- what are the settings?

Old September 8th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Draytek 2800 and Sipgate/voiptalk -- what are the settings?

I'm trying to set up my new Draytek 2800 VG with my Sipgate and
voiptalk accounts

However, whichever way I try, I can't seem to get either to register
in the SIP account list.

The Sipgate web page should have some help for the 2600, but I cannot
see it
Voiptalk have instructions for the 2600, which are slightly different
and, even f I adapt them, they don't work

Can someone take me by hand and point out what I have overlooked?

The current (non working setup) is

Stun server (empty)

Sipgate

Register via WAN
SIP port 5060
Domain/Realm sipgate.co.uk
Proxy sipgate.co.uk
Act as outbound proxy (enabled)
Display name ABC
Account number name, the name I registered with sipgate
Authentication ID checked 1234567 (my own)
Password, (the SIP password from my account on the sipgate page)
NAT traversal support None

Then in phone settings, I have DTMF mode set to SIP INFO (cisco)

Dialplan is empty

Thanks

Lorenz

[L.]
Old September 8th 06, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh [L.]:
[...]

Should not both Account number name & Authentication ID be your Sipgate
SIP ID.

Old September 8th 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:33:40 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh [L.]:
I'm trying to set up my new Draytek 2800 VG with my Sipgate account

However, whichever way I try, I can't seem to get either to register
in the SIP account list.

The Sipgate web page should have some help for the 2600, but I cannot
see it

Can someone take me by hand and point out what I have overlooked?

The current (non working setup) is

Stun server (empty)

Sipgate

Register via WAN (or auto)
SIP port 5060
Domain/Realm sipgate.co.uk
Proxy sipgate.co.uk
Act as outbound proxy (enabled)
Display name ABC
Account number name, the name I registered with sipgate
Authentication ID checked 1234567 (my own)

Should not both Account number name & Authentication ID be your Sipgate
SIP ID.

Tried. No joy!

It must be something specific with Sipgate, because voiptalk has
started working, with the same settings.

Lorenz

[L.]
Old September 11th 06, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Geddes

[L.] wrote:
I'm trying to set up my new Draytek 2800 VG with my Sipgate and
voiptalk accounts

For what it's worth, here are settings that work on my 2900VG with
Sipgate (albeit with less-than-brilliant sound quality)

SIP Port 5060
Domain sipgate.co.uk
Outbound Proxy [blank]
Register-Via: Auto
Display Name: WhateverYouLike
AccountName [Sipgate-ID from their page my_account.php]
Authentication ID Same as AccountName
Password [SIP-Password from same page - NOT the same as the
password you use to log in to your account on their website]
Expiry Time 1 Hour

Apart from Account Name, Authentication ID and Password, all details the
same for Port1 and Port2

Default Codec G.711A (64kbps)
Packet Size 20ms
Voice Active Detector Off

DTMF mode SIP Info
Dynamic RTP port start 5004
Dynamic RTP port end 5006
RTP TOS IP precedence 5

Dialtone Power Level 27
Ring Freq 25

NB - only one shortcoming: I also have a Sipura 2100 connected to the
LAN on the 2900, and whilst both Sipgate circuits on that unit can dial
in, out, and to each other, and both Sipgate circuits on the 2900's VOIP
ports can dial in, out, and to each other, calls from Drayek VOIP to
Sipura VOIP suffer one-way audio. Never got to the bottom of it. Does
anyone have suggestions?

John Geddes
Derbyshire
Old September 11th 06, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
[L.]

Top posting as I only want to say that John's settings below work
fine!

Lorenzo