Free Dialup services

Old September 9th 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Free Dialup services

Hi All,

Sorry if this seems semi off topic to actual broadband, but does anyone
know an ISP which gives its members a free phone number to call for dialup
internet access.

does not have to be with a broadband package, just some ISP that says yes
ring 0800 ****** and its truely free free free !!!

Was looking at this one http://www.freeukisp.co.uk/dial-up-internet.htm but
i think you still pay using a 0844 number ??

Many thanks

Old September 9th 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 10:31:34 GMT, "Steven"
wrote:

Hi All,

Sorry if this seems semi off topic to actual broadband, but does anyone
know an ISP which gives its members a free phone number to call for dialup
internet access.

does not have to be with a broadband package, just some ISP that says yes
ring 0800 ****** and its truely free free free !!!

There are some 0800 ISPs about. The problem is that *somebody* has
to pay for the calls. The usual mechanism is to pay a monthly charge
to the ISP. One example of this is UKOnline's Opensurf package
http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/opensurf.php.

Another mechanism of paying for it is to force a huge number of
adverts on the subscriber. This system hasn't proved very popular for
some reason! :-)

Was looking at this one http://www.freeukisp.co.uk/dial-up-internet.htm but
i think you still pay using a 0844 number ??

0844 calls are indeed chargeable.

Regards,
Harry.

Old September 9th 06, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

http://www.btclick.net

I have installed it.
--
Douglas Clark ..................... Bath, Somerset, UK ......
http://usergroup.plus.net .......... http://www.dgdclynx.plus.com

. ..

Old September 9th 06, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Douglas Clark wrote:
http://www.btclick.net

I have installed it.

"Steven" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All,

Sorry if this seems semi off topic to actual broadband, but does
anyone know an ISP which gives its members a free phone number to
call for dialup internet access.

does not have to be with a broadband package, just some ISP that
says yes ring 0800 ****** and its truely free free free !!!

Was looking at this one
http://www.freeukisp.co.uk/dial-up-internet.htm but
i think you still pay using a 0844 number ??

Many thanks

Douglas,

But that's not "truely free free free !!!" as the OP wants? You may not
have to pay for an ISP, but you do have to pay for the telephone calls when
connected?

See:
"BTClick, offers you the freedom and flexibility to access the internet
without subscription fees or commitments. You simply pay for your time
on-line at local access rates. "

Brian G

Old September 9th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 14:24:39 +0100, "Brian G" wrote:

|Douglas Clark wrote:
| http://www.btclick.net
|
| I have installed it.
|
| "Steven" wrote in message
| . ..
| Hi All,
|

| Sorry if this seems semi off topic to actual broadband, but does
| anyone know an ISP which gives its members a free phone number to
| call for dialup internet access.
|
| does not have to be with a broadband package, just some ISP that
| says yes ring 0800 ****** and its truely free free free !!!
|
| Was looking at this one
| http://www.freeukisp.co.uk/dial-up-internet.htm but
| i think you still pay using a 0844 number ??
|
| Many thanks
|

|Douglas,
|
|But that's not "truely free free free !!!" as the OP wants? You may not
|have to pay for an ISP, but you do have to pay for the telephone calls when
|connected?
|
|See:
|"BTClick, offers you the freedom and flexibility to access the internet
|without subscription fees or commitments. You simply pay for your time
|on-line at local access rates. "

And the ISP gets a cut of what you pay for your time on-line at local
access rates.

Free lunches I think not :-(

Old September 11th 06, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Steven wrote:
Sorry if this seems semi off topic to actual broadband, but does anyone
know an ISP which gives its members a free phone number to call for dialup
internet access.

does not have to be with a broadband package, just some ISP that says yes
ring 0800 ****** and its truely free free free !!!

What would be in it for the ISP?